HomeFeature Requests

Use this forum to ask for new features or suggest changes to the game.

(AX) Cybertronics Messages in this topic - RSS

Doctor Dread
Doctor Dread
Administrator

6/25/2017
Doctor Dread
Doctor Dread
Administrator
Valhalla wrote:
Also there needs to be an actual counter to variteks, currently they are the only unit in the game with no real counter whatsoever, and no corvettes and destroyers are not a counter, as variteks ANNHILATE armies of them by the droves at higher levels. There needs to be a unit that HARD counters them, as they counter everything very effectively, and make fighters totally useless as variteks kill bombers almost as easily as fighters, while also killing fighters with ease, and no other ground unit does anything to them.

It's literally the only unit in the game with no counter.
edited by Valhalla on 6/25/2017

Thats just it, Variteks transform and are NEARLY as effective as either a fighter/battlesuit depending on which value would be better. They don't have a hard counter. But they don't hit quite as hard as either. and don't have the Hit Points of batlesuits. They hard counter fighters and that's it. They take the same kind of damage from anti fighter defenses and units but they cost more. They are the most expensive ground unit in the game.

I think Variteks should cost more then they do though, they are only 1.5x the cost of straight fighters, they should cost 2x. They are probably the overall "best unit" but they should have some type of cost that makes them impractical for normal use.

BUT, I just made an update to Miltiary stats again, fighters got a slight buff vs capital ships that variteks didnt get. Now fighters hit big ships for nearly double what variteks do,. We'll see how it plays out. Destroyers seem to counter variteks, for the money for sure.
0 link
-The Obsidian Church-
-The Obsidian Church-

6/26/2017
That seems fair now, I was mainly annoyed by fighters being utterly eclipsed by variteks, and even having variteks counter fighters AND bombers, which was the fighters job.
0 link