HomeFeature Requests

Use this forum to ask for new features or suggest changes to the game.

Perhaps its time to tweak Geo Boosters Messages in this topic - RSS

TimurThunder
TimurThunder

8/24/2017
TimurThunder
TimurThunder
If you modify gaia boosters in a way that requires an average demand of below 200, population growth is possible if those players owning the spaceports use the benefit they get from the port - participation on every trade - to subsidize raw material prices. Going all the way down.

Components also need to be supplied at or below 200%. Exact numbers on ideal demand depend on the players benefitting from the system. It is ok to stay at 200%.

Next you want suppliers for 10% of the end product demand to keep them stable, and since we are greedy bastards, above 200%. 24 raw mats at 10%, 21 components at 200%, 100 end products so that average demand is below 200%. The tricky part is that you need 100 end products supplied. Average demand on end products can not go above 246% (24*10% + 21*200% + 100*246%)/145 = 200.2%.

So people will be making good profits if they organise, but super-high demands are a thing of the past, too.

I called the system unstable. You need the suppliers of end products to activly maintain their prices. Anybody not doing their job hurts the profits of everybody else, and benefits later because average demand on their products is higher when 200% avg. is reached. This could be counter-acted by having demand volume drop at higher demand%, and figure demand volume into average demand (do not know if that happens, much of it is a black box).
0 link
TimurThunder
TimurThunder

8/24/2017
TimurThunder
TimurThunder
Fun graphics, thanks for the heads-up seren. 5 times the production in raw mats, figuring 1:1 for components and 1:3 for end products, but still. More raw than I would have thought.
0 link
Vulpex
Vulpex

8/25/2017
Vulpex
Vulpex
Aywanez wrote:
Vulpex wrote:
base cost for me right now making basic metals is 39/unit.

Woah. Let's drill down on this bit of info. How are you calculating this? Or, if this isn't a tricky statistical lie, how did you swing it?

There are a few things at work here.

First off - you need to understand that the cost of running a facility is based strictly on the level of the facility. Thus a lvl 5 metal mine will always cost the same to run at full capacity regardless of its location. So the first (and biggest) reduction in cost for exploitation is by setting up your facilities on a resources which has a high value. Add to that bonuses from HQ (say 50%) and from research (in this case 30%) and the numbers go down very fast.

I will give you an example - my own stuff is a bit complicated because of all the stacks of modifiers but it looks like this:

A lvl 4 metal mine costs 12,000 to run. (I am actually not 100% sure of this number but is should be close, too many modifiers) Located on a site with 20 basic metals produces 220 units of metal per turn.

To that we add the following modifiers - HQ 50%, Research 30%.

Final cost to run the facility - 7,200

7,200 / 220 : 32.7 is the cost to produce a single unit of material.

If you look for efficiency it is simple to keep production of raw materials below 50 per unit - overcrowding and logistics blows this up much much higher. As you can see even with lower modifiers there is still plenty of space for the cost to stay reasonable. In fact assuming there is no modifier the cost of producing the metal would still be only 54.5 per unit.
edited by Vulpex on 8/25/2017
0 link
TimurThunder
TimurThunder

8/25/2017
TimurThunder
TimurThunder
Level 4 is actually only 10k I think, the first level you get a bonus to production amount vs. base cost. And going for high ressource levels like that is very important. You not only get lower average cost, but you get LOADS of material per facility level, saving you LOADS of logistics penalties later on. Which, relating to this topic, is very important for your final income. You can cope with an additional 100 credits on raw material cost, but needing another raw material site to run another end product chain, that is going to cost 8-10% on the base cost of everything you already own. Which can be huge.
0 link