the topic is closed | show rated messages only

HomeFeature Requests

Use this forum to ask for new features or suggest changes to the game.

What should we work on next? Messages in this topic - RSS

Of these features what do you want me to prioritize first?

Anomalies/Quests:8
Guild Bank :11
Comms messages forwarding to email/mobile:1
Political Prestige:1
Meta Game Voting Power:1
Strategic Locations:4
Unit Order management / logic:14
Buying Selling from Corps without contracts:10
Doctor Dread
Doctor Dread
Administrator

8/20/2018
Doctor Dread
Doctor Dread
Administrator
Vulpex wrote:
*edited post for relevance*

From my perspective the thing that I would find the most important is to work on those aspects of the game which would make it more likely to retain new players.

Note that I say retain, not draw - drawing in new players is something which is done separately from this by and large but it is something which can certainly be done in other ways.

In this sense I was drawn to many of the aspects which are relevant in the field of getting players to work together because it is when you have a community and friends which you are working with that you can actually enjoy the game in the long term. This would be great.

That is why I was rather interested in those aspects of the game which fostered cooperation - specifically the guild bank and the use of trades without contracts (which would make trade between corps much much easier).

I also very much liked the idea of the Unit Order Management because it would be a great UI improvement but not sure if every player would actually use it and benefit from it so I was a bit on the fence with that one.

But I also wonder if that is the right approach to retain players, it might be but I am not sure.

Another way of looking at player retention is to give them great long term goals. In that respect the follow-up to the guild banks is also very valuable - specifically when you look for the longer term huge megastructures projects - but also the new anomalies/quests and the strategic locations.

I do think there is a bit of confusion as to exactly how a guild bank would work - JBD has touched on a few of the key aspects but it boils down to the simple question of whether a unit being paid out of the guild bank still contributed to the logistics penalty of the player who owned the unit. (I have had discussions with a bunch of players, some believe it would not, some believe it would, and it might be part of the reason why that option is so popular, only Seren would be able to clarify).
edited by Vulpex on 8/17/2018

The guild bank is something I'm working on now and it is moving along pretty quickly. You might see it in a week or two. I'm making a separate thread here to discuss exactly how it should work because it can get complicated quick.
0 link
Exeler
Exeler

9/2/2018
Exeler
Exeler
Doctor Dread wrote:
Wreith42 wrote:
I can't believe people want he guild bank more than the order logic.
If y'all just agree and do it, you can do the shared funds thing yourselves.

To answer Dread's last comment, the only report I can think of that I would like to have would be a much longer accounting report. After three turns or so things aren't visible any more, so if something unexpected happened since I was on last, I may not have a way to figure out what it was.

That is a legitimate complaint. It goes by row count, not turns so as to not break the page but you Megacorps out there make 500 rows of logs in a single turn. The database is keeping track of accounting for 3-5 days back. I think I can at least add a paging row no problem and maybe a specific turn field? That accounting page is unwieldy with big corps I'm not sure how to make it easier to read.

Would having the report simply return each turn's totals with a button to expand a specific turn be a viable solution? If the totals aren't stored in the database and needed to be calculated for each page load I imagine it would wreck the database, but pulling a single row from the database (if the calculated totals were stored) for each turn when loading the report, then just pulling the data on demand for a specific turn shouldn't be any worse than the current situation right?
0 link
CptCommanche
CptCommanche

9/7/2018
CptCommanche
CptCommanche
I forgot what I voted for, but I'm actually kinda sad no one voted for the political prestige.... personally that is what I should have voted for, and I think it could be a very interesting addition to the game. Guild banks and all that are good too lol and should probably be worked on first, but I would love to see these other features eventually as well smile

--
Boldor Galactic Inc, AKA the old StarCorp
0 link
Doctor Dread
Doctor Dread
Administrator

9/7/2018
Doctor Dread
Doctor Dread
Administrator
Wreith42 wrote:

Would having the report simply return each turn's totals with a button to expand a specific turn be a viable solution? If the totals aren't stored in the database and needed to be calculated for each page load I imagine it would wreck the database, but pulling a single row from the database (if the calculated totals were stored) for each turn when loading the report, then just pulling the data on demand for a specific turn shouldn't be any worse than the current situation right?

That would essentially be the overview version of the list which does exactly that. The overview tab shows a graph that generalizes all your ins and out, the accounting tab is almost the same thing but draw out with exact numbers, the DETAIL version is actual line items. On the detail version I think we just need a turn filter that you flip through and allow it to go 50 turns back like the overview graph does
0 link
Doctor Dread
Doctor Dread
Administrator

10/28/2018
Doctor Dread
Doctor Dread
Administrator
The Guild Bank is probably going in next weekend. I haven't had much time to work on it over the last couple months. I hope things settle down in the future. It is only doing military assets but if it goes smoothly I want to make it possible to add structures.

It has tuned out mostly like what we talked about. Guild can set a tax rate which is from 0-20% and goes against all its members PROFITS from the previous turn and collects it in a guild bank. Guild leaders can bring up any asset for any member in the guild and simply toggle it as a Guild Asset.. The maintenance costs for guild assets will be drawn from the Guild bank and not the player who owns the units. The guild page will have a few tabs to show members, the guild assets and the accounting for the guild bank which everyone can see. It also shows the average amount of tax collected by each members over the last 100 turns.

Assuming no game breaking bugs I will try to add a way to transfer straight into the guild bank and also the ability to tax members at different rates.
edited by DrDread on 10/28/2018
0 link
Doctor Dread
Doctor Dread
Administrator

11/4/2018
Doctor Dread
Doctor Dread
Administrator
Guild bank has gone in and I have shook out some bugs. It works as mentioned above. I would appreciate if yo notice something broken about the guild bank, Especially if its a money bug.

I still want to add a few more features to the guild bank such as Making structures be guild assets and new construction cost going against guild bank. I might let the guild bank simmer as is for a little while while I try to incorporate the next thing on the list which is Unit order management. I want to try to do an idea someone had of being able to make Variables that you can use when making orders, such as a variable for city location and then you can simply change the variable in one place and all the orders based on that variable will change. Yo would be able to make the delivery location of dozens of units be based on a variable and when the prices change enough, you can simply switch the variable.
0 link
Doctor Dread
Doctor Dread
Administrator

3/23/2019
Doctor Dread
Doctor Dread
Administrator
Custom Variables has finally gone in. There is a post in the Development log about it. It took forever but it was mainly lack of time spent working on it. I should have more time now. The next thing going in will be selling a stack of product instantly without a contract.
+1 link
Doctor Dread
Doctor Dread
Administrator

5/5/2019
Doctor Dread
Doctor Dread
Administrator
Selling a product stack simply by clicking on it and declaring a price and HOLD amount was put in today. Also Artifacts don't develop by ITEM anymore, they produce "Fragments" at a higher rate which can be combined in any level of artifact item you want. Fragments being a much smaller denomination of "Artifact" can now asily be traded as a valuable currency and will eventually be given out as quest rewards

The next thing on the "What do you want us to work on next" thread is Anomalies/Quests! I will probably get a skeleton of this system in place and expand on quests as content as I work on the other features. The Anomolies/Quests already has significant work put into it which isn't in the game yet.

After that it will be "Strategic Locations" - Static places in the game that you can capture by attacking any defenders with military that give unique bonuses or perks to your corp

After that it will be A political Prestige Stat.

THEN... a game reset
0 link
CptCommanche
CptCommanche

5/7/2019
CptCommanche
CptCommanche
Quite a few good changes coming Dread. I look forward to all those being implemented, the game will have quite a different feel after the reset with many new features to play around with. Keep it up wink

--
Boldor Galactic Inc, AKA the old StarCorp
0 link
Doctor Dread
Doctor Dread
Administrator

7/20/2019
Doctor Dread
Doctor Dread
Administrator
Anomalies and Missions have been put in the game in a limited way to test the system. There are a dozen or so Settlements around sol and gulyaev. You can see these settlements on the viewscreen - Overview or in the Events page now. You have to have a military unit at the location to accept their missions. Only one mission per military unit. You can only have a number of active missions equal to your corp level

You can only do simple cargo haul missions for now. There are a dozen more mission types that are going to be added including anomalies in deep space which will reward explorers.

The cargo mission takes a deposit worth what the product you're being handed is worth. You get it back plus pay on delivery. Use the Search Location order to complete missions (don't sell it). If your unit is destroyed the mission will end. There is no way to abandon a mission at the moment but they have a timeout or a delivery turn which is something like 10 turns plus the distance divided by 10 (slowest ship should make it with several turn to spare).

A ground unit with a mission, can be loaded onto a carrier and the carrier can search a location to complete a mission. When a fleet or carrier does the search command, every unit in the group or being carried by will also execute a search command if it has a mission attached to it.

Ground units with cargo can now be loaded onto a carrier. There will be some cargo space changes and some quality of life improvements being made soon to make transporting 100 loaded transports on a carrier less exploitive
0 link