HomeFeature Requests

Use this forum to ask for new features or suggest changes to the game.

Goods Exchange Contracts/System Messages in this topic - RSS

LunaMoth
LunaMoth

9/14/2018
LunaMoth
LunaMoth
I think it would be a nice addition to the game if people could trade goods instead of needing to use credits as a middleman. For example, say I produce water and want to trade it for basic chemicals. In the current setup, I need to set a contract to sell my water and then buy basic chemicals. Then both parties need to fill up their trucks/transports and dump them back down. It seems like a bit of a hassle.

It could tie into that auction house/contractless trade idea.
edited by LunaMoth on 9/14/2018
+1 link
Doctor Dread
Doctor Dread
Administrator

9/17/2018
Doctor Dread
Doctor Dread
Administrator
One of the "What should we work on next" poll options is to make it so you can simply go to a stack of product and declare it for sale with a price and then anyone can click on it to buy it. No transports needed. The contracts will be there for formal deliveries and persistent trades. Its something I want to add soon after Guild Bank because it shouldn't be that difficult
0 link
LunaMoth
LunaMoth

9/17/2018
LunaMoth
LunaMoth
Doctor Dread wrote:
One of the "What should we work on next" poll options is to make it so you can simply go to a stack of product and declare it for sale with a price and then anyone can click on it to buy it. No transports needed. The contracts will be there for formal deliveries and persistent trades. Its something I want to add soon after Guild Bank because it shouldn't be that difficult

I wanted to emphasize trading goods without credits for this feature; i.e., trading water for basic chemicals.
+1 link
Wreith42
Wreith42

9/17/2018
Wreith42
Wreith42
you don't have to use credits for trades now.
setting the price to 0 works fine.

If you're talking about a separate contract system where the contract creator selects both a commodity to get rid of and a commodity to receive in exchange, I doubt that will happen any time soon.
The in-place selling Dr. Dread is talking about will essentially just get rid of the shipping requirement that all contracts have now.
-1 link
LunaMoth
LunaMoth

9/17/2018
LunaMoth
LunaMoth
Wreith42 wrote:
you don't have to use credits for trades now.
setting the price to 0 works fine.

If you're talking about a separate contract system where the contract creator selects both a commodity to get rid of and a commodity to receive in exchange, I doubt that will happen any time soon.
The in-place selling Dr. Dread is talking about will essentially just get rid of the shipping requirement that all contracts have now.

Setting the price to zero is still using credits and requires two separate contracts.
0 link
Harkon
Harkon

9/17/2018
Harkon
Harkon
Selling products for another product is clumsy, unpractical and people would use it very rarely so its pointless to implement something like that. Chance that someone would need your product for another specific product with so many goods in the game is very small aka nonexistent.
0 link
LunaMoth
LunaMoth

9/17/2018
LunaMoth
LunaMoth
Harkon wrote:
Selling products for another product is clumsy, unpractical and people would use it very rarely so its pointless to implement something like that. Chance that someone would need your product for another specific product with so many goods in the game is very small aka nonexistent.

Well that's your opinion. I can see it being very useful by utilizing research points. Guild members can focus on specific resources or components and trade with each other more effectively than the current system. With the resources they obtain at cheaper production cost, they can make components and products for cheaper, or they can afford to make more of it. All this from something as simple as having the opportunity to trade a good for a good.

And I don't mean 1 good for 1 good. I just mean the option to trade a good for a good, whether 20 water for 40 basic chemicals, 10000 basic materials for 10000 basic polymer, 500 exotic metals for 500 advanced electronics, or whatever.
edited by LunaMoth on 9/17/2018
0 link
Skratti
Skratti

9/18/2018
Skratti
Skratti
Can you elaborate how the exchange can be setup in the interface? Should I click on a goods asset (for example basic metal), and then choose "Trade 1:1 for basic rare woods"? Everyone then could accept this? What if I want to select multiple things that I would accept in exchange?
I think it would be much easier if my teammate transferres his stuff down on the same spot and marks it as "for sale" (perhaps "for everyone" or "my guild"), and then just buys my stuff. That way, I can choose what kind of resource and in what amount I want to buy goods myself.
There is a possible downside to this that I didn't realize until now: this new feature would create a very simple way of trading goods, and might make the contract trading obsolet. And it's not always good to add features to a game that simplify the game.
0 link
LunaMoth
LunaMoth

9/18/2018
LunaMoth
LunaMoth
Skratti wrote:
Can you elaborate how the exchange can be setup in the interface? Should I click on a goods asset (for example basic metal), and then choose "Trade 1:1 for basic rare woods"? Everyone then could accept this? What if I want to select multiple things that I would accept in exchange?
I think it would be much easier if my teammate transferres his stuff down on the same spot and marks it as "for sale" (perhaps "for everyone" or "my guild"), and then just buys my stuff. That way, I can choose what kind of resource and in what amount I want to buy goods myself.
There is a possible downside to this that I didn't realize until now: this new feature would create a very simple way of trading goods, and might make the contract trading obsolet. And it's not always good to add features to a game that simplify the game.

It can be as simple as a contract except you don't use credits. It can be as complicated as a structure with trade ratios set by a person.
0 link
Doctor Dread
Doctor Dread
Administrator

9/19/2018
Doctor Dread
Doctor Dread
Administrator
Its not much of a leap to set a "price" for a stack of product to be 500 Exotic Chemicals as opposed to 5000 credits. Using a "barter system" wouldn't be that difficult to implement on top of normal credits but I have to agree that, just like real world, currency was a huge advancement over the impracticality of bartering one good for another. However....

There might be some narrow situations where you want to trade one product for another to save an extra step of buying it with the credits you just got. In order to get the right ratio of raw mats at a factory you might want to trade your excess Wood for more basic chem on site. That would save you having to BUY Basic Chem on site which would cost 2x normal, someone might be willing to "sell" you the Basic Chem at value in trade for your surplus wood so you both can save the 2x cost of buying the thing you needed with the credits you would of normally received.

It's a small step from selling for credits to a player and then buying for credits the thing you need from another player though
0 link