HomeBug Reporting

When you find any bugs in the game please post them here but do not post exploits!

Serious 2 years old bug compromising sells Messages in this topic - RSS

Surgicus
Surgicus

11/25/2018
Surgicus
Surgicus
And this bug happens when selling to cities via transports or ships. When these have several kind of goods in cargo and set to -sell everything- , it can happen they end up a turn with 1 unit of some goods in cargo, for some reason the next turn the sell order is skipped and the transport/ship jumps to the next. The following order(s) is usually to return to the warehouse and refill cargo, and goods with 1 unit in cargo will cause an entanglement for the remaining -pick up- orders. When back to selling location and falling to a 1 unit remaining in cargo of any goods the entire process begins again, causing the entire cargo to not being sold and huge losses: picking-up orders are all considered one by one turn for turn,so if the more goods variety the longer it takes, further since a lot of cargo that was not sold is still in, this cargo is not judged as to be not necessary to pick up, so more of the same will be added leaving less space for the next goods that need picking up.

One way to counter the bug is to introduce the order drop-off all before the list of merchandise pick-up, and here this means dropping of one kind of goods per turn, augmenting the time loss the longer the list is and the earlier in the list the remaining in cargo =1 was encountered. The entire thing becomes a large and messy entanglement with missing sells and income, a complete loss of time and no profits.

I pointed to this bug already 18 months or so ago when I tracked it, so it must have been around from the beginning. With the newly revised volumes and demand quotas, any missing income is now a complete loss in sells, and there is no insurance mechanics in the game compensating for this. Another urgent problem and flaw that needs attention and requires to be solved, for a long while already, and was neglected, now having wide repercussions.

Priorities!!!
+1 link
Doctor Dread
Doctor Dread
Administrator

12/17/2018
Doctor Dread
Doctor Dread
Administrator
There is a fix for this in the next update, I couldn't push it this week. I really want to push it 12/23. The simple solution was to allow you to sell at least 1qty even if you are at a fraction because of other sells. This can potentially allow a city to take more qty then its volume. That can be exploited by bringing 101 ships to sell a product that's at 100 volume. But its a stretch of an exploit especially when the demand still falls but the total amount.
0 link
CptCommanche
CptCommanche

12/18/2018
CptCommanche
CptCommanche
Yeah that would seem like a fairly useless exploit. I guess someone would figure out how to take advantage of it though.....

--
Boldor Galactic Inc, AKA the old StarCorp
0 link