HomeFeature Requests

Use this forum to ask for new features or suggest changes to the game.

Halving of all Military Cost Messages in this topic - RSS

Should we cut the cost/upkeep of all military units in half?

It's fine the way it is.:7
Lower it but not in half.:5
Scale the lower units down, leave the higher ones expensive.:4
Go straight 50% across the board. :16
Doctor Dread
Doctor Dread
Administrator

10/31/2019
Doctor Dread
Doctor Dread
Administrator
The game has gone through a lot of changes over the years and one of them was the doubling of all the military units costs. It was done for ground units first years ago, then ships followed. That was back when the economy mechanics were a little (™) broken and there wa s tons of money flying around. After this reset and the changes we made, the money should be in line with the games original vision. However the cost of Military and just about everything is still at the double mark.

I'm not sure if it's too early to really say if the military is too expensive or not yet but it does see really difficult to get even a scout when you'r starting new. I have also been inspired to do some calculations against the military types to show what they their "value" is vs their cost. Like HPs per credit or attack vs type per credit in cost or even Cargo x Speed vs cost per credit etc. While most units aren't far off from what was envisioned A little tweaking is probably in order. I am also considering scaling the lower units down, like scout , corvette, Mechanized, transports etc. but leaving the higher units where they are. This would mean a lowering to their combat effectiveness though.

I have also done some clown math calculations and determined that a corp that went all in to a single raw mat and can produce 22k-ish quantity it at 40 demand price and sell all of it at 100 demand.. would need something like 300 mil worth of population to cover the 10% volume and in the end would pull down 1.3m - ish credits a turn, which would allow him to have no more then two base level monoliths and literally nothing else. I'm considering tweaking some of the units and then halving everything across the board. Perhaps even dropping the cost of orbitals also.. I would like to hear the thoughts on this.
0 link
Sujk / SynTec
Sujk / SynTec

10/31/2019
Sujk / SynTec
Sujk / SynTec
I think less cost means more ships and units, making battles more exciting!

But for late game, I think the power of npcs should be gradually increased to maintain a certain level of challenge...
0 link
IshukRahl
IshukRahl

10/31/2019
IshukRahl
IshukRahl
I haven't built much military currently as it is difficult enough just trying to maintain a stable income. So I can't really say if what I would like it to change or not. As for NPCs, having random ones of all levels and powers would be a good idea. I think having them target only guilds and corps of similar size and power would be a better idea. So the really powerful ones would target other players of similar power. Allowing newer players to at least have a chance to fight. We wouldn't want someone joining in later only to find themselves constantly decimated by a high powered NPC. They would leave pretty quick.
0 link
ChaChaCharms
ChaChaCharms

10/31/2019
ChaChaCharms
ChaChaCharms
Npc already are adjusted to planet population. Which is why the all the outer planets do not see lvl 7 raider bases. Earth needs some adjusting.. yes there should be raiders popping up but they need to be scaled down for earth only.

--
Never trust anything that can think for itself if you can’t see where it keeps its brain..
0 link
Serenity
Serenity

11/1/2019
Serenity
Serenity
I voted "It's fine the way it is" but what I really wanted to vote is "Let's wait for raider re-balance and unit tweaks then decide if costs need to be changed."

--
Sweet Fruit Supply
0 link
OriontheHunterr
OriontheHunterr

11/1/2019
OriontheHunterr
OriontheHunterr
Can I change my vote to - nerf raiders. If only on Earth. Of coarse that is if you can even make that distinction.
0 link
Doctor Dread
Doctor Dread
Administrator

11/3/2019
Doctor Dread
Doctor Dread
Administrator
OriontheHunterr wrote:
Can I change my vote to - nerf raiders. If only on Earth. Of coarse that is if you can even make that distinction.

There's a new idea where we don't drop the price of the units but we drastically drop their up-keep. right now the upkeep is the cost of the unit every 1000 turns which is a real life week. We can drop the upkeep by half or more, but make them 3-5x more costly to actualy attack with.
+1 link