HomeFeature Requests

Use this forum to ask for new features or suggest changes to the game.

Suggestions... Messages in this topic - RSS

AresCorp
AresCorp

2/2/2020
AresCorp
AresCorp
1) Mechanized and Mercenaries should have hangar space, so a Lvl 1 can carry 5 Lvl 1 infantry, and scale upwards as appropriate. It's very odd that a "humvee" can't carry infantry around.

I'll put more down here as I think of or remember them.

2) The AI Hyperfighter needs it's 1 hangar like all the rest of the scout ships.

2a) Why don't corvettes or destroyers have a hangar?
edited by AresCorp on 2/8/2020
0 link
AresCorp
AresCorp

2/2/2020
AresCorp
AresCorp
3) We need a way to attack anonymously, and a way to discover who the anonymous attacker is.
0 link
AresCorp
AresCorp

2/2/2020
AresCorp
AresCorp
4) Able to set buildings that participate in battle, such as Military Base, Shipyard, Orbital Guns, and Firebases, as guard entire location, group, certain corp, or guild, so that they only participate in battle, if we want them to.
edited by AresCorp on 2/2/2020
0 link
Doctor Dread
Doctor Dread
Administrator

2/5/2020
Doctor Dread
Doctor Dread
Administrator
"Stealth" isn't going to happen in a direct way like that. Its a lot of work and hasssle for what amount to very little and can probably easily be figured out.

But indirectly I have some ideas. I want to make the pirates, or Dark Star Bases Hirable. All corps can send money to Dark Star Bases to attack a particular corp. And the amount of money against each corp is shown but no one knows where it came from, every so often the Base will act on the bounty amount and send an appropriate sized force for the money, which then zeroes out that corp. Somethign similar to Sins of the Solar Empire
0 link
AresCorp
AresCorp

2/8/2020
AresCorp
AresCorp
I like that idea Dread. Anything that can add some spice into the combat scene without seriously imbalancing the game.
0 link
AresCorp
AresCorp

2/8/2020
AresCorp
AresCorp
5a) Fighters, Bombers, and Variteks should be much less expensive to produce and maintain, (they are small ships after all) and should have their "Wing" types of 10x units.. If damage needs to be slashed to compensate, so be it. They are too expensive.

5b) Why not make a 5x wing types of the "wing" type units? Then you could have 1 single unit, 5 units in one, and 10 units in one, and add some variation and flexibility to the army layouts.

edited by AresCorp on 2/8/2020
0 link
Doctor Dread
Doctor Dread
Administrator

2/26/2020
Doctor Dread
Doctor Dread
Administrator
Aircraft, right now, are probably the most practical way to drop capital ships and just about anything else. The cost might be INCREASED. It comes down to having a mass of them and grossly out numbering a handful of ships while being a unit that is mostly offensive with little hit points. A handful of fighters,in almost any sci fi environment, can take down ships, especially non military ones. RIght now here in BotG. The ships aren't "better" than ground units unless you're fighting in space , but there are little if nothing to fight "in space".

I was planning to re-balance ships vs ground sometime soon. Making ships more prominent but I still don't want the meta to be "Just get ships" to be the meta. The fighting should be between ground forces with ships playing more as a support. Ships don't' do much to ground units but ground units don't do much to ships and ships are expensive sp they are impractical to use by themselves against ground targets. You need to bring in some ground force and play the ground game. In a space fight, I need the ground units to be impractical, right now aircraft are still the way to go though, i wan tot try to change that to make them NOT as effective at taking on other ships than using actual ships, so in space you need to play the spaceship game with aircraft as support but aircraft can't win in space with much financial practicality.
edited by DrDread on 2/26/2020
0 link
ZhuKuan
ZhuKuan

3/24/2020
ZhuKuan
ZhuKuan
How about being able to name planets instead of CentVIII or CentVI. Maybe a voting system to change a planets name. Not in Sol of Course. And name cant be changed. Of course should go by guidelines as well.
+1 link