HomeFeature Requests

Use this forum to ask for new features or suggest changes to the game.

Player controlled antagonists? Messages in this topic - RSS

Weylin
Weylin

6/24/2020
Weylin
Weylin
I've wondered about having a separate faction of players that start on an established homeworld in a distant star system, maybe something in Sector 4?
Something different from humanity, alien or machine, with overall different motives, and an incentive to harass the Sol system at some point.

This may not align with the vision for the game, but it would bring shortcomings of the military system to the forefront, and the balance between entropy and order.
Would Sol fall in less than a week? Would it ever stand a chance to recover? What do you do when all your assets are annihilated, when an overwhelming force destroys your largest superstructures?
How can players keep up with constant conflict? What can players do if one side snowballs and always wins with minimal losses in fights of 100 to 1?

I enjoy this game for what it is, and glad to see that it is mostly orderly and peaceful with player cooperation and trade. I was quite put off by games like Astro Empires and OGame, where the strongest only got stronger, and the lessers were decisively beaten with no chance to ever make a dent.
0 link