nynobernie

all messages by user

10/24/2017
Topic:
Transportation contracts

nynobernie
nynobernie
I d like to suggest a new contract with the sole purpose of transporting stuff from place A to place B.

I remember my first resource mines away from earth. I had a hard time transporting everything back to earth with slow and small freighters. For players with a bunch of warp freighters, this is no issue.

A contract of that type would need a location for pick up, location for delivery and product amount. Payment could be per unit delivered. It would be nice if the transporter wouldnt know what he is shipping.

Some kind of steeling mechanic could be interesting if a player decides to pick up the products but keeps them.
10/25/2017
Topic:
Transportation contracts

nynobernie
nynobernie
It could work like this:
Pick up, use contract, automatic packaging of the goods (max size of the package is the cargo space available)
When creating the package somehow link the contract to it.
Drop of, use contract. Since contract should be linked to the package, you know which packages to drop off.

Since there is no prepackaging, it should be signaled to the transporter how much resources are available for pick up. You dont want to fly empty.
edited by nynobernie on 10/25/2017
10/25/2017
Topic:
Transportation contracts

nynobernie
nynobernie
Renting units is also a good idea. I would however not like to see someone else attack with my freighter into a group of bombers
11/2/2017
Topic:
Small visual glitch

nynobernie
nynobernie
I got a chemical plant in Centauri | Centauri XI | Aniak that is showing +5 Bonus (Other) under production tab. There is no spaceport at the planet. Also the +5 are not included in the total bonus displayed. The largest spaceport in centauri is level 5 (other planet), maybe its got something to do with that.
11/2/2017
Topic:
Contracts

nynobernie
nynobernie
Two issues I have about contracts.

Why is there no option to set up contracts for other sectors? Is there something gameplaywise I am missing?

Could you make the default contract list show contracts of "my sector" instead of "my system" (maybe even show all if intersector contracts should become possible)? I have to change it everytime I check contracts since in my system there is very little happening. Also even guildmates did miss my contracts because I am located in a diffrent system. Right now I am almost forced to write a message to make people aware of my contracts, because many will not look at other systems by default.
11/6/2017
Topic:
Contracts

nynobernie
nynobernie
Another remark. If I setup a contract with delivery location in Sol, will it show up under "my system" for Sol-players? (My HQ is in Centauri) If not, it should be changed in that way in my opinion.
11/6/2017
Topic:
New Corporation Starting Locations

nynobernie
nynobernie
What about spawning new players on earth, But let free players re-locate in Sol? That could show the benefits of moving your Hq and may bring them to buy paid as well. As written in another thread... Logistics of transporting goods from other planets is quiet hard at the start of the game, so players could choose another planet where more resource spots are unused.
Then you could also remove the fixed 25 cities on earth which essentially forces spread out distribution of goods. Right now hardly any city on earth grows beyond 5M people. So end product selling is almost impossible, where in theory it should be most lucrative. You could also start rising endproduct demand at 3M population. I like the idea of spawning new cities with 200 demand.
11/8/2017
Topic:
Reduction of Storage fees

nynobernie
nynobernie
I like that.
11/12/2017
Topic:
Events still active bug

nynobernie
nynobernie
Is it really finished? Does it show the reward you got? I had it happen when doing multiple quests at once that i just missed one when setting search locations.
11/13/2017
Topic:
Event Rewards AlienMothership

nynobernie
nynobernie
I noticed that the reward for the Alien Mothership event is

2.08 bn credits for the level 1 event
1.43 bn credits for the level 2 event

Seems like there is something wrong with the scaling of the rewards. Also I havent seen such an event outside of Centauri for a long time. But this might just be my observations.
edited by nynobernie on 11/13/2017
11/13/2017
Topic:
The great ship stat doubling went in

nynobernie
nynobernie
Since you updated ship sizes now, maybe we should think about tweeking carrier hitpoints again? In my last battles carriers almost always took the most % dmg (meaning they would be destroyed first in prolonged battles). Is this intentional?

Carriers right now have 40 hitpoints per size (66.6 for warp carriers)
The weakest ground units (transport to varitek) have 100 hitpoints per size.

Sure it depends on what you are up against, but right now there is a very high risk of getting your carrier destroyed before any of that units in the hangar dies, possibly leaving them stranded in space.
11/15/2017
Topic:
Raiding

nynobernie
nynobernie
I did some tests raiding against myself. So I put 100 of one product at a location and then attacked/raided the location. There have been no defenders there. BattleID is 11043. The attackers were a mak battleship (1000 cargo space) supported by orbital guns + starbase boost. Power of the attackers is 14500.

Of the original 100 products I raid 8. After the battle there are no products left at the location, the battle report also shows 0 remaining. So where did the other 92 products go? I tested it twice with the same results.
11/29/2017
Topic:
System trade goods?

nynobernie
nynobernie
Someone would just build an structure there to mine it. Or would it be in a way that your Hq had to be in that system?
If anyone could mine/build system specific goods there is almost no point at all for it.
12/4/2017
Topic:
Hostile Event Changes and City Expansion

nynobernie
nynobernie
Doctor Dread wrote:
In the meantime, there may be a Doomstar heading towards Sol right now....

Is there a reward for taking it out?
12/6/2017
Topic:
Contruction Factory

nynobernie
nynobernie
Dont know if this is intentional... The construction factory is producing components, but has the same icon as endproduct factories in the assets screen. It upgrades just as fast as endproduct factories (which is slower than all the components factories). It is also sorted like a endproduct factory in assets screen.

To wrap it up: The contruction factory behaves like endproduct factories in many ways. If it is intentional, ignore this. But it has been a nuisance to me on serveral occasions.
12/7/2017
Topic:
#! Priority: FIX THE LAAAAAAG!

nynobernie
nynobernie
Got to agree. A more fluent experience would help the game more than any fancy feature or event.
12/7/2017
Topic:
Hostile Event Changes and City Expansion

nynobernie
nynobernie
Taking it out is a group effort and one ship as a reward is not very easy to devide between multiple people. So if you want to see how we do against it, it needs to be worth for every one participating.
12/11/2017
Topic:
Error when loading demand screen

nynobernie
nynobernie
This has happend quiet a while for me now. When I try to open the demand screen for a city the error page opens after a while on a regular basis. I cant tell you under what conditions exactly this happens, because sometimes it works as well. But in my opinion the demand screen might be the most important screen in the game for a lot of players. And if its not working or is loading slow, the game is close to unplayable since managing your buys and sells is the bread and butter of the game (at least for me).

If you have logging for this. It happend as I am typing this when trying to load the demand page for Oral/Mars (game turn 30012, about 3 minutes in)
12/11/2017
Topic:
Contruction Factory

nynobernie
nynobernie
Thanks for looking into this. I dont know what you have changed exactly besides the icon, but it is still sorted below endproduct factories under Assets/Structures (all other component factories are above them). Also as mentioned previously, the upgrade times seem to have been longer than those of all other component factories. Did you have a look at this? (could not check it myself yet)

I'd like to repeat my offer on code collaboration. wink
12/11/2017
Topic:
Error when loading demand screen

nynobernie
nynobernie
How exactly can i "kill it"? Closing the tab and trying it in another one doesnt help. Logout / Login does nothing if i remember correctly. I just hope the problem corrects itself in the next turn or at some point later when i try again. Which it may or may not.

I m no expert but what kind of index needs to be rebuild weekly?