nynobernie

all messages by user

12/19/2017
Topic:
How does one actually apply to join a Guild?

nynobernie
nynobernie
You can only join if you received an invite. So yes, you ll need to message the guild leader or a recruiter if you wish to join.
12/19/2017
Topic:
How does one actually apply to join a Guild?

nynobernie
nynobernie
Open the guild in the guild list and have a look at the ranks of the members. There are Guildmasters, Recruiters and Members.
12/27/2017
Topic:
City Megastructures and some other fixes

nynobernie
nynobernie
LunaMoth wrote:
"Artifacts removed in this way are destroyed with no salvage!"
I agree with this decision.

"Population damage on Combat was displaying wrong, it is 10% of Attackers Power used in battle, previously it was displaying the full power as damage. "
What if instead the difference in Attacker power and Defender power (multiplied by 10%) would be the population loss?

Great idea, this way you could prevent suicide attacks that just target the population.
12/27/2017
Topic:
City Megastructures and some other fixes

nynobernie
nynobernie
Well in Independence Day the defenders power was much less than the attackers, hence the population loss.

Less pop loss if the attacker is weaker than the defender sounds like a good start to me.
1/3/2018
Topic:
Contract Availability

nynobernie
nynobernie
I could accept a contract the was set to "Public - My Planet" (The planet would be Earth) but I was able to accept it anyway besides me not being located there.

Contract ID: 6772
1/4/2018
Topic:
Distribution Centre - a suggested modification

nynobernie
nynobernie
Yeah the volume restrictions arent helpful. On the otherhand you can sell fixed amounts without volume restrictions already its only the "every turn" orders that are limited.

If it were to be changed so that the number of slots goes up it needs to be scaling better than adding another dist center. When you start with 10 slots you need to add at least 10 when upgrading or it will be better to just add another building. So the 10 (+5 per lvl) scaling wont work if there are no other stats that upgrade besides the number of buy/sell slots
1/17/2018
Topic:
New city and geoboosters

nynobernie
nynobernie
When a new city spawns, It does not seem to get the growth bonus from currently active geoboosters.
1/18/2018
Topic:
New city and geoboosters

nynobernie
nynobernie
So in the mean time new boosters have been deployed and it still doesnt have a effect on the growth. City in question is Megaira on Mars. (The same is happening in Toland/Mercury)
1/20/2018
Topic:
New city and geoboosters

nynobernie
nynobernie
Still happening. Planet and system booster are active, but pop still shrinking in the new cities.
1/21/2018
Topic:
New city and geoboosters

nynobernie
nynobernie
I have been boosting a long time on Mars. For me it seems like each booster adds 50% to the current growth. So a new city with 200% avg demand has about 0% growth. With planet and system boosting this should be about 100% growth for a new city, but it stays at 0%. I cant see any problems with the older cities on Mars. The boosters work there pretty much as expected.
1/24/2018
Topic:
Edit saved orders

nynobernie
nynobernie
I would appreciate the possibilty to edit the orders in saved order lists. Right now I have to load the old list in a unit, change what I want to change, save it and delete the old list.
What would also be really beneficial is the option to reorder the saved lists, so I can keep the ones I use often at the top of the drop down. If thats too much work, just sort it alphabetically, so I can define the order by renaming (which btw is also only possible as decribed above)
1/25/2018
Topic:
Galactic Gore Games Application Thread

nynobernie
nynobernie
Nynoxaff
Fleet will be ready when the GGGs start wink
2/1/2018
Topic:
New city and geoboosters

nynobernie
nynobernie
Hm are you sure about that? How is it then that growth often goes from positive into negative when a booster runs out? Or is the booster effect added to the growth contribution of single products?
For example I have product A at 150% demand and product B at 300%. So on average this would be 225% demand -> -25% growth. With booster product A would contribute more to growth and the negetive effects of product B would be less? In this case A contributes 50% to growth (200% normal demand - 150% = 50%) and the booster makes this 75%. For product B it would be -100% without booster and -50% with the booster. That makes 25% growth in total with a booster.

Thats all just speculation how it could work. Only you know for sure wink But what you have written just doesnt add up when applied to the total growth values we see in the game. I d just like to understand exactly how it works.
edited by nynobernie on 2/1/2018
6/26/2018
Topic:
BOTG Scripts

nynobernie
nynobernie
I started writing a couple of scripts to enhance the ui of BOTG. They are mostly work in progress, but if anyone ist interested in testing/using them feel free to do so. What you need is Google Chrome with the Tampermonkey extension (might also work with greasemonkey and firefox but I dont test that). I ll try to update the list of my currently existing scripts here. Please be aware that those are my first attempts in writing tampermonkey scripts. At some point I ll try to create one "master script" that allows do enable and disable functionalities in some kind of configuration menu. For now all the scripts are standalone and you ll need to copy the contents of a every script you want in a new tampermonkey script in your browser.

Please let me know about bugs you find, question or ideas you might have. Leave your comments here or send them to me directly (ingame/discord).

More or less finshed:
  • Chat timestamp localizer (Displays the dates in comm messages in your local timezone) - https://github.com/georgemarvin/botg/blob/master/scripts/chattimestamplocalizer.js
  • AX/A5-Quest solver (When opening the event page of a quest (Mysterious artifacts) it shows planet name and coordinates where have to send you unit and search for the reward. Only tested with 3 Ax and 3 A5 quests for now. Need more samples of quests to include all possible quest patterns (if you have quest texts of the event description please send them to me if they to not get solved) - https://github.com/georgemarvin/botg/blob/master/scripts/questsolver.js

Work in progress:

• Traveltime calculator (displays the travel time from a units current location to the target when a adding a new move order. Currently does not evaluate previous move orders or warp gates) - https://github.com/georgemarvin/botg/blob/master/scripts/traveltimecalc.js

edited by nynobernie on 6/26/2018
6/26/2018
Topic:
BOTG Scripts

nynobernie
nynobernie
So here are some examples for the Ax quest solver:

edited by nynobernie on 6/26/2018
10/10/2019
Topic:
How to Handle raiding of Items

nynobernie
nynobernie
Maybe only make fragments raidable? So once combined into an artifact they are safe?

Arguably the only thing else one would be interested in would be megastructure acps. Personally I would be fine if those could not be raided.
edited by nynobernie on 10/10/2019
10/11/2019
Topic:
HypernetTower effectivness

nynobernie
nynobernie
There was discussion about the benefit of the hypernet tower. So I ll try to calculate what you safe with each level vs what it costs. Since base production costs are 100 credits per 1 output, it doesnt matter if you count raw material mines, component factories or anthing else. It all the same in terms of savings.

So here are the numbers if you have no other research bonus (best case in terms of effectivness of the hypernet tower)

LevelUpkeep in creditsSavings per industry point in creditsIndustry to break even

Considering you ll put this propably in your hq location which already has 15 production bonus it gets worse

LevelUpkeep in creditsSavings per industry point in creditsIndustry to break even

So 5050 industry is the minimum industry you ll need under perfect conditions to make level 1 hypernet tower worth it. So this may be worth if the resource node has 3 different resources at a high resource value, but then again the numbers get worse the more research points you already have.
In cities you could justify a couple levels eventually. But the numbers are high. You might need to split the upkeep with another corporation to make level 2 worth it if you cant get to 16000+ industry alone.
edited by nynobernie on 10/11/2019
10/14/2019
Topic:
Order templates and custom variables

nynobernie
nynobernie
Loading templates with custom variables doesnt work correctly.

Example:

- Move order with custom variable set to New York
- Save as template
- change the custom variable to another city
- load the template
- It will still move to New York although the varaible points to another city
11/4/2019
Topic:
Set as Active ignored when adding order

nynobernie
nynobernie
Yeah that has been this way forever and I guess I got used to it but i agree it should work!
11/5/2019
Topic:
Market enhancements

nynobernie
nynobernie
I really really like the market feature we have. I use it almost exclusivly when buying raw materials right now. So great job with this!!!

But there are some additions I d like to see.

The most import for me would be the possibility to set a price per unit for guild members additionally to the public sell price.

Another one whould be an option to keep the sell configuration even if all products are gone. Normally i set Qty to hold to 1 which works well if only other players buy, but there are times where i also sell via transports and when all gets picked up i need to reconfigure the sell offer.

Other nice to have features:
  • allow to set multiple prices for the same stack depending on the amout you have. For example. I want to sell Water. If I have 5k price should be 100, if I have 20k price shall be 90, if I have 100k price shall be 80.
  • possibility for buy orders in a similar way. (I want to buy water for 80 at location 'moscow' up to a maximum of 20k at this location). I m not sure how you would fullfill this in an easy way though

If any of those suggestions should be considered implementation worthy... please keep the UI simple. Thats the main benefit over contracts right now.