HomeGeneral Discussion

General topics about Barons of the Galaxy

Contracts Messages in this topic - RSS

Masdus
Masdus

5/9/2016
Masdus
Masdus
Why is there such a lack of contracts and trading going on? Is everyone diversifying completely?
0 link
Baston
Baston

5/10/2016
Baston
Baston
There is probably not enough player for now, everyone can access every ressources easily without having to fight for it.
Also the demand can not go above something like 150, so we can buy everything low cost, no need for contracts. This limit should probably be raised.
0 link
Masdus
Masdus

5/10/2016
Masdus
Masdus
150 is the demand with nothing happening. If you purchase items I am sure I have seen it rise above that, and then you pay 120% on top of that. If you go through your buy/sell reports and calculate the costs for production like that, its a substantial profit you are forgoing.

Though I think being able to buy any resource from a city is a bad idea to start with.
0 link
Doctor Dread
Doctor Dread
Administrator

5/10/2016
Doctor Dread
Doctor Dread
Administrator
It is a matter of profits. I think the buying cost double what the demand is right now? Or am I wrong? Not at home right now. Anyway the buy price should be substantial, at least double the current demand. You can still diversify everything it just costs more. How much more is something we can always adjust
0 link

5/10/2016
I think that raising the buying cost isn't a viable solution.
For example if you produce end product by buying every components, even if the buying cost is double, as long as the components demand is less than two times the end product demand, you can still make some profits.
In my opinion, the problem is the amount of ressources you can buy. I think that the more you buy from a city, the more it should cost AND the less it should sell. First of all it is more realistic, cities can not have an infinite amount of ressources, and it will force players with high level components or end products industries to buy ressources elsewhere because they can no longer buy enough ressources to sustain those industries.
An easy solution would be to create two Volume for each ressources :
- The "buy volume" which is the current volume.
- The "sell volume" which would the max amount of ressources you can buy each turn. An easy but efficient way to estimate it could be for example :
"Buy Volume" x 100 / demand
This way the higher the demand, the less the city will sell in relation to the "buy volume".
And each time the "sell volume" amount is reached, the demand will go up. And when the demand go up, the "buy amount" become even smaller, etc.

Now it's up to you to consider it or not, it's your game after all.
0 link
Baston
Baston

5/10/2016
Baston
Baston
Message by me, it took me too much time to write it, so I got disconnected x)
I made a little mistake : "And each time the "sell volume" amount is reached, the demand will go up. And when the demand go up, the "sell volume" become even smaller, etc."
"sell volume", not "buy volume".

"And each time the "sell volume" amount is reached, the demand will go up. And when the demand go up, the "sell volume" become even smaller, etc."
After giving it some thoughts, the demand should still go up according to the "buy volume", otherwise one could make the demand rise by buying only a few products, then sell a lot of this product with a now much higher demand.
But anyway, I still think that we shouldn't be able to buy as much as we can sell.

edited by Baston on 5/10/2016
0 link
Doctor Dread
Doctor Dread
Administrator

5/10/2016
Doctor Dread
Doctor Dread
Administrator
When you buy, the price goes up at the same rate as when you sell. The problem in Sol right now is that the limiters I put on the demand are pretty blunt and simple, they are maxing out at about 150 so you never really get the penalty for buying as the price will cap out there.

I need to loosen the limiter but I also need to cut all the resources plots and cities by at least HALF to make prices at any one particular city a problem. I should also put back the much slower demand increase rate so once you sell down a city, it won't come back up 500 points in a week..
0 link