HomeGeneral Discussion

General topics about Barons of the Galaxy

Intercepting Moving Troops Messages in this topic - RSS

Masdus
Masdus

5/10/2016
Masdus
Masdus
During the current skirmish, my opponent has been able to intercept troops with movement orders several times, by placing his troops upon the square they will end their turn and using the Attack Entire Location action. I have successfully positioned my troops and given the orders on numerous occasions, only never is a battle the result.
0 link
Baston
Baston

5/10/2016
Baston
Baston
That's because I anticipated your movement 2 turns ahead.
The few interception I managed to do where like this, I had to be on the battle location one turn before you, then I launched the attack. Otherwise it clearly won't work.
0 link
Masdus
Masdus

5/10/2016
Masdus
Masdus
Yes, I know. I have done the same thing numerous times. The attack must be launched before your opponent enters the location is a given. See the bit where I mentioned having your troops on the grid location I am going to enter. So no, that is not the issue.
0 link
Doctor Dread
Doctor Dread
Administrator

5/10/2016
Doctor Dread
Doctor Dread
Administrator
You have to be in the location already, and have an attack order running on the turn the other guy moves into the same location. If you both move to the same location on the same turn, he'll be gone on the next turn when your attack order activates.

I can't see exactly how you're doing it but I'm assuming you're a turn behind. You can watch the other guys units moving and see where they stop to "turn" and change direction when going back and forth between two locations. Go to that spot and set your units to attack for several rounds. Use the attack for turns box or at least issue an attack order for a few turns.
0 link
Baston
Baston

5/10/2016
Baston
Baston
Since we are speaking about our fight Masdus, could you stop unloading ground units in space with you carriers to hide and protect them, fighting against a bug is really annoying. Let's play fair and square. Thanks.

Concerning your problem, maybe I see what it is : when you use "attack entire location" even with a set number of turns of attack, if your units find no ennemies, they go to the next order immediatly. I failed many interceptions because of this, probably a bug.
The solution is to make a loop order on the attack order, this way it won't stop anymore.

(haha, I must be stupid, helping my opponent like that xD But well, our little skirmish is really enjoyable, with this few players the game still lacks of action.)
edited by Baston on 5/10/2016
0 link
Masdus
Masdus

5/10/2016
Masdus
Masdus
I used a loop afterwards every time, to no avail. The only real difference is I was forgetting freighters. Dr Dread in one case I was there running an attack loop for 5 turns before he arrived.
0 link
Doctor Dread
Doctor Dread
Administrator

5/10/2016
Doctor Dread
Doctor Dread
Administrator
Are you attacking the entire area or a specific corporation? What are you two doing differently that makes one work and one not?

Units in SPAAAaaaaacee..... I know this was a possibility, it happens when ships carrying units in space are destroyed automatically, I didn't prevent carriers from deliberately dropping them off in space either. They shouldn't be able to move out there and they are supposed to be taking damage while out in space like that, just not added yet. There are some loose ends when it comes to carriers when they explode in space especially in a group that can no longer hangar them all
0 link
Masdus
Masdus

5/10/2016
Masdus
Masdus
I have tried both attack entire area and specific corporation. I have tried as a raid and not as a raid. I have tried setting attack x turns, and using loops.

I can confirm that troops in space can't move.
0 link