General topics about Barons of the Galaxy

Products and Materials Messages in this topic - RSS

SkyShepherd
SkyShepherd

5/10/2016
SkyShepherd
SkyShepherd
Hi Folks, I'm still new to BotG but I am liking what I'm seeing so far smile

The only thing that is hanging me up is trying to figure out what structures make what out of which resources. Is there a guide to this that I have not been able to find?

Thanks and happy gaming!
0 link
Masdus
Masdus

5/10/2016
Masdus
Masdus
They are mostly grouped as per their product category. So if you look at the Industry or Demand tab on the view screen, and drill down in "by category mode" which is the default mode, you can see what products are linked together. For instance all Meat is produced in a ranch.
+1 link
Matrix
Matrix

5/10/2016
Matrix
Matrix
If you click on your corporate HQ and then on the more info tab everything is listed there
+2 link
SkyShepherd
SkyShepherd

5/10/2016
SkyShepherd
SkyShepherd
Thanks!
0 link
kobious
kobious

6/20/2016
kobious
kobious
i have a question with all the items and products that you can make and produce. is there an actual use for every item or you just sell them?

like for example if you make lets say sunglasses or a hover board or a powercell what do these items do? and is there a section somewhere in game that gives a description and specifics of every single item and their uses?
0 link
Doctor Dread
Doctor Dread
Administrator

6/20/2016
Doctor Dread
Doctor Dread
Administrator
kobious wrote:
i have a question with all the items and products that you can make and produce. is there an actual use for every item or you just sell them?

like for example if you make lets say sunglasses or a hover board or a powercell what do these items do? and is there a section somewhere in game that gives a description and specifics of every single item and their uses?

The products are technically just products to be sold. They are essentially identical. There are different tiers of products that "play" differently such as the farming and ranching products are simple products that don't combine into anything and are just sold like a simple market game,. The metals and chemicals etc. can be combined into a 2nd tier of products called components. The play on those is a little different because you have to bring certain amounts of specific resources to one factory to build them. The end products are similar as they take sets of components but its difficult for one corporation to manufacture everything needed. There is a difference between the products in the same category that isn't really displayed. The lower units in a category appeal the lower class populations and the higher ones generally towards the higher class populations, This is what makes the Volume different across different products in the same city. The 9 different populations, the 9 colored bars on the overview screen, affect the volume of different products. Its subtle and it's not even displayed anywhere.

The REAL DIFFERENCE between the products however is when it comes to events geared towards different categories of products, we don't have any in place yet but have dozens written up vaguely. The idea is that, since the products are all technically the same and equal that you should pick a category of products that sound fun to you. The reason why is that the events that go against the product categories will have an appropriate flavor to them. For example, Events that involve contraband will be things like terrorism, wars between cities and smuggling that you will need to do or at least vote on. If you 're into Industrial Machinery then you'll get Union or strike oriented events with bargaining voting . Construction materials will get engineering type of events such as "The city X is collapsing after an earthquake, need xyz of different products dumped at locations to save it"
0 link
kobious
kobious

6/21/2016
kobious
kobious
ok cool man man thank you for takeing the time for your reply i just want to say again you really have a nice game here and im glad i got in on the ground floor so speak as i think this game will grow and continue to just get beter and better
0 link