HomeFeature Requests

Use this forum to ask for new features or suggest changes to the game.

Referrals Messages in this topic - RSS

ChaChaCharms
ChaChaCharms

6/16/2016
ChaChaCharms
ChaChaCharms
Is there any future thought to reward players for bringing their RL or VL friends to this game?

--
Never trust anything that can think for itself if you can’t see where it keeps its brain..
0 link
Masdus
Masdus

6/16/2016
Masdus
Masdus
You mean beyond the reward of playing with friends?
+1 link
ChaChaCharms
ChaChaCharms

6/17/2016
ChaChaCharms
ChaChaCharms
Yeah, I know in other games similar to this, that you may get a temporary bonus once say your friend reaches corp lvl 3 or lvl 5, etc.

--
Never trust anything that can think for itself if you can’t see where it keeps its brain..
0 link
Doctor Dread
Doctor Dread
Administrator

6/17/2016
Doctor Dread
Doctor Dread
Administrator
For a free to play browser game you can't expect too many bonuses for bringing in your friends who are, most likely, just another email version of you making 12 accounts in the game to gain an advantage =)

On the paid account side (full accounts are probably $5 a month) the problem of 12 clones of yourself still exist but if you want to make 12 paid accounts and call yourselves "friends" I'll be happy to take the money. In the end there is no reliable way of stopping players from making multiple accounts. There is no reliable way to tell if they are the same person and if we try then what happens is that only the serious hardcore players with multiple computers/devices will have multiple accounts and get away with it. Those people are usually the problem anyway.

The best way to deal with the multiple account problem is to design the game in a way that mitigates it. In this one the only real mitigation to someone making 100 accounts and trying to dominate a system is that you can easily "move" to another system if you're small and they can't easily follow or attack across a system.

...Back to the original question of referrals. I'm not planning any referral bonuses especially for free accounts but I would consider doing it for paid accounts. It wouldn't be an in game bonus but maybe more subscription time if you bringing people who mention you. We don't want any kind of "money to in game advantage" happening short of the accelerated start idea where you can pay a little more when you first start a paid account to start off with higher level Corp Level and/or money but there won't be a way to pay for in game advantage past that.
0 link