HomeGeneral Discussion

General topics about Barons of the Galaxy

Spawning new cities Messages in this topic - RSS

Jazzek
Jazzek

6/27/2016
Jazzek
Jazzek
Nova posted in game that you need to have 500 production in one place to spawn a new city. How long does it take? I've had 900 production in the one place for a couple of turns but no city has spawned.
0 link
Doctor Dread
Doctor Dread
Administrator

6/27/2016
Doctor Dread
Doctor Dread
Administrator
New cities don't spawn within the Sol System. The Sol system is like a start zone. The NPC Terran Federation units defend the cities and respond to battle zones in Sol and the cities and demand is also artificially controlled.
You have to build 500+ production in a spot outside of the Sol System. The only other open system is the Odegard system if you zoom out a couple of times. The spawning and ruler ship of a city is something we just added a week or so ago.. There is one city in Odegard V called Tyaskin. that just spawned. Also the 500 production is a sum of everyone there not just you.

Spawning a city and keeping its demand low so its population doesn't collapse is difficult right now, we're playing with the code to make it easier but it works =)
0 link
Jazzek
Jazzek

6/27/2016
Jazzek
Jazzek
This is in the Odegard system. I'm seeing how possible it is to get a city up and running by yourself. If the sum production needs to be 500 then me having 900 should be plenty enough to spawn it.
0 link
Masdus
Masdus

6/27/2016
Masdus
Masdus
It is easy to spawn a city yourself, but impossible to supply it with the resources it needs to prevent it from simply dropping down in population.
0 link
Jazzek
Jazzek

6/27/2016
Jazzek
Jazzek
I haven't been able to spawn it yet. Does it have to be 500 production for a certain period of time, or does it not work if all the production is by 1 person? Also, I was planning on doing trips between my city and yours, trading what I have in excess for what you guys have in excess so we can both grow. Noticed you guys don't have any meats, so I'll be sending all my excess your way.
0 link
Doctor Dread
Doctor Dread
Administrator

6/27/2016
Doctor Dread
Doctor Dread
Administrator
Jazzek wrote:
I haven't been able to spawn it yet. Does it have to be 500 production for a certain period of time, or does it not work if all the production is by 1 person? Also, I was planning on doing trips between my city and yours, trading what I have in excess for what you guys have in excess so we can both grow. Noticed you guys don't have any meats, so I'll be sending all my excess your way.

The system only checks every100 turns so turn 2900. but did you have 500 at turn 2800? I'm going to look at it in a minute and see if its set to spawn. Either way I'll force it to spawn if there's a bug by tomorrow. Tyaskin spawned normally if I recall so I can't imagine this one not.
0 link
Jazzek
Jazzek

6/27/2016
Jazzek
Jazzek
I didn't have anything running at 2800. I only turned it on a few hours ago. I've halted it & will enable it again before 2900 & see how that goes. thanks.
0 link
Jazzek
Jazzek

6/28/2016
Jazzek
Jazzek
Looks like i wont be helping out the original spawned city since core group blew up by ship transporting food...
0 link
rtucken
rtucken

6/28/2016
rtucken
rtucken
What did you expect? The group has been quite clear that they don't allow unannounced forces or presence within their sphere of operation.
0 link
Jazzek
Jazzek

6/28/2016
Jazzek
Jazzek
I announced in the system channel what i was doing.
0 link
rtucken
rtucken

6/28/2016
rtucken
rtucken
See previous ruckus and the results and think again if simply announcing what you are up to meets the stated requirements of the group.
0 link
Doctor Dread
Doctor Dread
Administrator

6/28/2016
Doctor Dread
Doctor Dread
Administrator
I think you shouldn't hold down the "test" system of Odegard as if we're playing live. I need 3-5 cities to spawn normally so I can try to make the Planetary ruler event.
0 link
Jazzek
Jazzek

6/28/2016
Jazzek
Jazzek
I used to play eve, so people abusing the power of multiple accounts, blowing stuff up just because they can, and just generally being a jerk because nobody can stop them is not something new to me. I just wasn't expecting it in an alpha where we're trying to try out different things and just get cities growing. That being said, I dislike the idea of multiple accounts. Makes it too easy to get an unbeatable edge.
0 link
Jazzek
Jazzek

6/29/2016
Jazzek
Jazzek
Doctor Dread wrote:
I think you shouldn't hold down the "test" system of Odegard as if we're playing live. I need 3-5 cities to spawn normally so I can try to make the Planetary ruler event.

It shouldn't be too hard to spawn some more cities if we don't have to worry about them being blown up as soon as we try. I can start producing more acps and spawn another one on odegard II given some time.
0 link
Masdus
Masdus

6/29/2016
Masdus
Masdus
Yet if we don't attempt to use the mechanic to achieve things like system control during testing, we won't know if the existing mechanics make such things viable.
0 link
Doctor Dread
Doctor Dread
Administrator

6/29/2016
Doctor Dread
Doctor Dread
Administrator
The planetary rulership event isn't even in place yet but will be soon. Was waiting to get the bugs out of the city rulership one and use it as a base for the planetary and system ones.
0 link
Masdus
Masdus

6/29/2016
Masdus
Masdus
Odegard Association will be creating more cities on Odegard V soon.
0 link