HomeGeneral Discussion

General topics about Barons of the Galaxy

Hangars Messages in this topic - RSS

ChaChaCharms
ChaChaCharms

6/29/2016
ChaChaCharms
ChaChaCharms
How does one deploy fighters into and out of a hangar? I have tried for the last 4 turns to put fighters in a hangar and have selected them, but after the tick, they are not in the hangar. Also, does one need to set them up in orders to deploy the fighters once the location is met and then set the order to attack or if I select my ship to attack will it naturally empty its hangar and attack?

--
Never trust anything that can think for itself if you can’t see where it keeps its brain..
0 link
SpectralFx
SpectralFx

6/29/2016
SpectralFx
SpectralFx
Having a way to simultanously drop troops / fighters and attack is something I Hope to be able to do. Otherwise it would be near impossible to attack well defended positions effeciently.

I don't know how to do it if currently possible, since I haven't toyed with combat so far.
0 link
Masdus
Masdus

6/29/2016
Masdus
Masdus
Most troops within hanger will fight without unloading. It is not something I prefer to do, since carriers are flimsy. In general it's just not necessary though, you offload your troops in a nearby location, Marshall them and then march to attack.
0 link
ChaChaCharms
ChaChaCharms

6/29/2016
ChaChaCharms
ChaChaCharms
The issue I am having is how to get them into the hangar in the first place

--
Never trust anything that can think for itself if you can’t see where it keeps its brain..
0 link
Doctor Dread
Doctor Dread
Administrator

6/29/2016
Doctor Dread
Doctor Dread
Administrator
You can't load units if they are upgrading, That's probably why its denying you, When units upgrade they increase in size and its a nightmare to code what happens when they exceed carrier capacity while being carried. The notifications aren't there unless you look at the units Display Messages(?) tab . You also have to be in the same location as the units you are picking up. It allows you to order to load units in another location that are currently upgrading because you can queue up several orders and things might be different by the time your ship gets there.
Carriers are flimsy relatively speaking. Even in the real world. What they are carrying is their firepower and hit points. Upgrade them a few times and your 8mil dollar carrier can be holding 100mil worth of firepower. also, group them with some combat ships =)

You can load any ground unit into a carrier but their size can't exceed the carriers capacity (the size stat, the blue icon with a white grid on it). BIg ground units like level 6-7+ are really big
0 link