HomeGeneral Discussion

General topics about Barons of the Galaxy

What do you like about BotG? Messages in this topic - RSS

George
George

8/6/2016
George
George
In this thread we (I) kiss the developer's ass in order to make him feel good about himself and his engine so that he is robusted and develops it at double time speed and efficiency.

I like how resources aren't an empire stockpile and must be transported around for mercantilism and development. This aspect of the game reminds me of Emperor of the Fading Suns advanced resource mode. Which has gone largely unrecognized as a proper method of 2D strategic gaming. It is like Illyriad but without the 'advanced' and cluttered game state. I like how the game is being modeled for Freemium instead of microtransactions. There is nothing worse in MMO games than premium function currency.
0 link
berzurcus
berzurcus

8/10/2016
berzurcus
berzurcus
I like the depth of it, I can only see it getting better with time.
I LOVE the fact that it isn't a cancer-giving cash grab like 95% of web browser games. You know the ones where you get a 'CHEST OF LUCK!!!' every 10 mins you are logged in but can't open it unless you buy the 'KEY OF LUCK' from the cash shop? Those games are an embarasment to the gaming industry. I'm glad this game is first and foremost: a video game, and secondly: a business.
0 link
Doctor Dread
Doctor Dread
Administrator

8/10/2016
Doctor Dread
Doctor Dread
Administrator
Please no butt kissing, I've outgrown that =) I honestly like to hear what the good and bad is about the game. I don't see it from the same perspective as new players. I made this game because of the same disgust berzurcus has with the typical browser game. I don't want to make a cash grab, I will be happy with a small steady income that pays for itself. If thousands of palyers jump into it, hey that's great too!
0 link
Cainon
Cainon

9/2/2016
Cainon
Cainon
The fact that this game is very different to any other MMO browser game. Most Browser games are very similar in structure and design and have the same machanics to play them. The second reason is that not everyone will start the same way and there is alot of randomisation.
0 link
Rujholla
Rujholla

9/3/2016
Rujholla
Rujholla
I like the intricacy that you can get, and that you can develop "your city" to maximize it's size.
0 link