HomeGeneral Discussion

General topics about Barons of the Galaxy

Creation of new cities Messages in this topic - RSS

Vulpex
Vulpex

8/8/2016
Vulpex
Vulpex
Ok so I understand that if enough industrial activity happens at a given spot a new city will spawn there so far so good.

I even recall reading somewhere that a minimum of 500 points of industrial activity are needed to make this happen.

A few questions though:

Does the output of the HQ count toward this total? (If the HQ is moved to that location)

Do the industrial plants have to be actually in production? When moving to a new planet where there are no cities it might be a viable option to simply build up the industrial infrastructure and then start production once you have someone to sell to.

Finally - how is the industrial production tallied? I know what my current industrial strength is (because I see it when I vote) but it seems a bit obscure to me at this time, any helpful insights would be most welcome.

Thanks in advance!
0 link
Doctor Dread
Doctor Dread
Administrator

8/8/2016
Doctor Dread
Doctor Dread
Administrator
Vulpex wrote:
Ok so I understand that if enough industrial activity happens at a given spot a new city will spawn there so far so good.

I even recall reading somewhere that a minimum of 500 points of industrial activity are needed to make this happen.

A few questions though:

Does the output of the HQ count toward this total? (If the HQ is moved to that location)

Do the industrial plants have to be actually in production? When moving to a new planet where there are no cities it might be a viable option to simply build up the industrial infrastructure and then start production once you have someone to sell to.

Finally - how is the industrial production tallied? I know what my current industrial strength is (because I see it when I vote) but it seems a bit obscure to me at this time, any helpful insights would be most welcome.

Thanks in advance!

Corp HQ counts as production. The structures actually have to be producing. If they are all halted it wont count as anything . If they are all at 50% then it reads as 50%. For cities spawning I know this is true. Also the Expanding Galaxy procedure only happens every 100th turn, it doesn't check every turn. Whatever your output is, is your production. If you're making 25 a turn of something than that is your production. I think that when it comes to voting it ignores your production rate, I would have to double check that.
0 link