HomeGeneral Discussion

General topics about Barons of the Galaxy

Loading units into a transport... Messages in this topic - RSS

Vulpex
Vulpex

8/9/2016
Vulpex
Vulpex
Ok so I am continuing with my goals of universal domination. (Shhh.... don't tell anyone).

And I have run into my latest er... hiccup. So having settled a far off system I'm trying to get some combat units out there to deal with pesky raiders and oh you know provide some kind of defence.

However, when I ask my shiny new freighter (with extra powerful headlights - for that glowing like a star entrance to your favorite starsystem!) to try to load the units into it's cargo... well it just... doesn't. No fail or error message, I just give an order wait for the order to be executed and pffft.... nothing happens.

A few things which might be an issue - the units I am trying to load are currently upgrading (because we need the POWER!) might that be a problem?

Also - I have no idea exactly how much space these units take up in the cargo hold of my freighter (5000 available space) I figure that should be enough to load some of my mechanized infantry or even an armoured unit in there... but nope, no effect.

Any insights oh great Barons of the Galaxy?
0 link
Doctor Dread
Doctor Dread
Administrator

8/9/2016
Doctor Dread
Doctor Dread
Administrator
Vulpex wrote:
Ok so I am continuing with my goals of universal domination. (Shhh.... don't tell anyone).

And I have run into my latest er... hiccup. So having settled a far off system I'm trying to get some combat units out there to deal with pesky raiders and oh you know provide some kind of defence.

However, when I ask my shiny new freighter (with extra powerful headlights - for that glowing like a star entrance to your favorite starsystem!) to try to load the units into it's cargo... well it just... doesn't. No fail or error message, I just give an order wait for the order to be executed and pffft.... nothing happens.

A few things which might be an issue - the units I am trying to load are currently upgrading (because we need the POWER!) might that be a problem?

Also - I have no idea exactly how much space these units take up in the cargo hold of my freighter (5000 available space) I figure that should be enough to load some of my mechanized infantry or even an armoured unit in there... but nope, no effect.

Any insights oh great Barons of the Galaxy?

Units don't load into the "cargo" space, they load in the "hangar" space. Freighters don't have hangar space. A frigate has 2(?) hangar, Carriers has like 50. The hangar represent how much "size" worth of units you can carry. A frigate can hold a couple of level 1 units.

Units in the hangar fight with the ship in combat. Certain units will be excluded from fighting like that but that's not in place yet. (Transports won't be fighting in space).

It is sort of a bug to allow freighters to even do the load unload command since they can never hangar any other units.

Its almost faster or easier to load a Military base and start making units out there. Otherwise you have to bring a bigger ship like a cruiser or maybe several corvettes in a group to fight level 5 raiders effectively
0 link
Rujholla
Rujholla

9/2/2016
Rujholla
Rujholla
So what units can fit in what hangars? I tried to load fighers into the hangar on my frigate and that doesn't work? Will armor fit on my frigate or only soldiers? What does upgrading hangar space do? I upgraded hanger space twice on that same frigate and it still only holds two units is that normal or a bug? What can carry a transport?
Sorry lots of question on the military stuff mostly for the same reason as Vulpex -- I want to expand out. I tried doing like you said and build a military base out there, but that ended up in disaster as the raiders got to me before I had any units built.
edited by Rujholla on 9/2/2016
0 link
Shooer
Shooer

9/2/2016
Shooer
Shooer
A ground unit's level is it's size. You can't get a level 3 unit into a regular frigates hangar space.
edited by Shooer on 9/2/2016
0 link
Doctor Dread
Doctor Dread
Administrator

9/2/2016
Doctor Dread
Doctor Dread
Administrator
Shooer wrote:
A ground unit's level is it's size. You can't get a level 3 unit into a regular frigates hangar space.
edited by Shooer on 9/2/2016

A ground units size is based on level but it isn't the level itself. Look at the unit and you can see its size state. The blue icon with a white grid.
0 link