HomeGeneral Discussion

General topics about Barons of the Galaxy

Question on order of operations at end of turn Messages in this topic - RSS

Rujholla
Rujholla

8/25/2016
Rujholla
Rujholla
Are the operations processed factory by factory or do all the production orders happen before the sales orders? Just wondering if I can set my factory to sell all, but all the other factories that need that product grab it first before it sells it?
0 link
Doctor Dread
Doctor Dread
Administrator

8/25/2016
Doctor Dread
Doctor Dread
Administrator
Sells happen after Production (it used to be first). Since you brought it up I went through and made a list of what happens in the game turn in order:

Salvage income
Unit Movement
Ruler income
Relocate HQ
Buys From City
Production - takes components for production first
Contract Transfers - "Gives" then "Takes"
Normal Transfer cargo
Hangar Units Load/Unload
Deploy Items
Construction new units / structures
Combat Resolution
Repair Units
Sells to City
Upgrade Military / Structures
Insert All money transactions into the logs
Delete Salvaged/destroyed Units
Progress all Orders to the next one
Update Corp Funds
Process Demand increases
Process Population increase
Maintenance Checks (Trim logs etc. from week ago)
Flip Turn
+1 link
Rujholla
Rujholla

8/25/2016
Rujholla
Rujholla
Thanks!!
0 link
Vulpex
Vulpex

8/26/2016
Vulpex
Vulpex
Thanks from me too very helpful.

Looking at this line though (which is critical)

It seems to me that in fact there are two steps here.

1) Allocate materials for production
2) Production

which means in practice that materials which are produced on a given turn cannot be used downstream for other production processes. A small but important thing to note.

Am I right?

Also some more detail on combat resolution would be helpful - i.e. lets say at a given location a group of raiders is attacking ALL and units from Player A are attacking units from Player B.

How does that play out?
0 link
Doctor Dread
Doctor Dread
Administrator

8/26/2016
Doctor Dread
Doctor Dread
Administrator
If production requires components they must all be there or that factory will not produce anything. It checks this first and flags structures as inoperable for this turn if there isn't enough to run ALL the factories that need it.

All combat happens simultaneously. The system will combine all the units from several attacks that are going into the same location against the same corporation. So if 5 corporations are all In Madrid and attacking a single corporation, all 5 corp units will be on the same side attacking as if they were all one corporation. If some units are attacking "everyone" or a Guild at the same location they will be in there own separate fight even if there is only one defending corporation. Damage from all the fights is applied when all the fights are over they do not apply in order. The force you are fighting in a separate fight might be destroyed 10x over in another fight at the same time but you will still take damage from them as if you were the only one fighting them.

Its much better to try to combine into one attack because if you don't you're essentially giving the other side multiple attacks.
0 link

8/26/2016
HMM

That's the line that kills my idea smile That line means that I can't rely on current production from my mine to supply components for this turn. Basically I have to have any needed components already sitting in inventory when the turn starts if I'm producing it myself.

Thanks again.
0 link
Vulpex
Vulpex

8/26/2016
Vulpex
Vulpex
Oh that reminds me - would be FANTASTIC if those structures which are flagged as inoperable could actually notify of the fact - something like "no production last turn" under the assets list or something like that. I've already noticed that you are charged the full production cost even if production itself does not take place because of lack of materials *grumbles about logistics*
0 link
Doctor Dread
Doctor Dread
Administrator

8/26/2016
Doctor Dread
Doctor Dread
Administrator
Vulpex wrote:
Oh that reminds me - would be FANTASTIC if those structures which are flagged as inoperable could actually notify of the fact - something like "no production last turn" under the assets list or something like that. I've already noticed that you are charged the full production cost even if production itself does not take place because of lack of materials *grumbles about logistics*

I think it mentions it under that structures Display Logs, not 100% sure. The Display logs should really have an exclamation point when something import is on it. I also thought that the structures would only charge you the halt production cost, need to check that. I have a toy factory that is constantly running out of wood and my overview graph shows ups and down in the structure cost.
0 link
Rujholla
Rujholla

8/28/2016
Rujholla
Rujholla
I second having it show on the assets list that your factory is non productive due to demand issues! Highlighted / Flashing something.
0 link
Doctor Dread
Doctor Dread
Administrator

8/28/2016
Doctor Dread
Doctor Dread
Administrator
Rujholla wrote:
I second having it show on the assets list that your factory is non productive due to demand issues! Highlighted / Flashing something.

"Non productive due to demand" is an arbitrary thing. Maybe I can show the last or current demand next to the "Sell: Basic Metals (XXX) " but I'm out of room. I want to make different versions of the Assets page, one for structures only which will display more structure related information. this is something I'll put in there.
0 link
Rujholla
Rujholla

8/30/2016
Rujholla
Rujholla
Doctor Dread"Non productive due to demand" is an arbitrary thing. [/quote wrote:

What I mean is if for the current turn the factory doesn't have enough required components change the color of the title to red or something similar.
0 link
Doctor Dread
Doctor Dread
Administrator

8/30/2016
Doctor Dread
Doctor Dread
Administrator
Rujholla wrote:
Doctor Dread"Non productive due to demand" is an arbitrary thing. [/quote wrote:

What I mean is if for the current turn the factory doesn't have enough required components change the color of the title to red or something similar.

I understand now. I think this is already dropped into the structures Display Logs when it doesn't have enough components, I might be able to use that to display at least an icon on the assets page that something is wrong with the structure.

Might try to do something like that with the military units also. a warning icon or message when there is something in the units logs.
0 link