HomeGeneral Discussion

General topics about Barons of the Galaxy

Logistics Cap? Messages in this topic - RSS

Rujholla
Rujholla

8/31/2016
Rujholla
Rujholla
What is the logistics cap when you get HQ to lvl 10? Or is it removed?
0 link
Vulpex
Vulpex

8/31/2016
Vulpex
Vulpex
105 for industry and 500 for military.

Not nearly enough :p
0 link
Rujholla
Rujholla

9/1/2016
Rujholla
Rujholla
I agree smile
0 link
Doctor Dread
Doctor Dread
Administrator

9/1/2016
Doctor Dread
Doctor Dread
Administrator
We have to tap the brakes on it somewhere otherwise one Corp can potentially take over an entire game.

Its not a hard cap, you can go past it, it just costs more. If you want to pay twice as much upkeep you can have 1,000 levels worth of military that's ONE HUNDRED level 10 Varitek units which translates to 10,000x firepower and hitpoints. I think that ONE SHOTS Monoliths and they don't even do good against monoliths
0 link
Vulpex
Vulpex

9/1/2016
Vulpex
Vulpex
Actually it's the industry cap I find low wink

But hey I'm more of an industry kinda guy.... now that you mention those varitek units though...
0 link
Doctor Dread
Doctor Dread
Administrator

9/1/2016
Doctor Dread
Doctor Dread
Administrator
Vulpex wrote:
Actually it's the industry cap I find low wink

But hey I'm more of an industry kinda guy.... now that you mention those varitek units though...

10 structures at level 10 seemed like a round number. If those were all end product you're talking about 1,200 units a turn at 500 each at 100 demand is $600,000 a turn or $600,000,000 a week. 10 monoliths a month, sexy!

Of course I find myself building 10 small farms to produce 10 different crops and sell to the same city.
0 link
Cainon
Cainon

9/2/2016
Cainon
Cainon
I think it is a good size the way around it is that upgrades do not cost you in Logistics especially with units. Just the cost of them.
0 link
Vulpex
Vulpex

9/2/2016
Vulpex
Vulpex
If you are looking at it from the point of view of primary production - then yes 10x10 sounds nice... (except you are NEVER going to build a primary extractor to level 10 if you are trying to turn a profit - even if you only have resource value of 10 you are going to be paying 20% more in Ocrowd extraction assuming you are on your own... and heaven forbid you find a quality 20+ deposit...

But I digress - having industry limited at 105 means in practice that you are going to be looking for efficiencies sake at having all of your industries in the same planet, or at least the same system. It is just about enough to have two production systems to tier 2 goods in two completely different systems... but the hassle is not worth it for me. (Tried... pain was too great)
0 link
Doctor Dread
Doctor Dread
Administrator

9/2/2016
Doctor Dread
Doctor Dread
Administrator
Vulpex wrote:
If you are looking at it from the point of view of primary production - then yes 10x10 sounds nice... (except you are NEVER going to build a primary extractor to level 10 if you are trying to turn a profit - even if you only have resource value of 10 you are going to be paying 20% more in Ocrowd extraction assuming you are on your own... and heaven forbid you find a quality 20+ deposit...

But I digress - having industry limited at 105 means in practice that you are going to be looking for efficiencies sake at having all of your industries in the same planet, or at least the same system. It is just about enough to have two production systems to tier 2 goods in two completely different systems... but the hassle is not worth it for me. (Tried... pain was too great)

Overcrowding is just for resources remember. If you made a level 10 farm on a value 10 field it will be 20% Overcrowding. if you're doing it right most of your level 10s are going to be end products OR if you're into the farming for example you wont have 10 level 10 but 20 level 5s. You're missing out on a 10-20% bonus of having the structures at really high level but you're kind of making up for it with the versatility of so many different products that you can choose to make.

There's a couple of 19 fields in Odegard V and that's not even a Terran planet, its forest by the way =)

Trying to be profitable in two systems at once is supposed to be difficult. The Corp Location bonus was designed to resist that exact situation. We don't want players actually spanning multiple systems with industry unless in small specific cases. We also don't want people trading steadily between two systems except in small scale situations. If an event happens that jumps the price of all crops to 800 in a neighboring system and you are a big farmer in your system selling down everything to 80, I would expect you to shift some freighters out to the other system and make a killing until the price comes down. But you wouldn't relocate there unless the prices were perpetually high. If another system has NO fields in it then there will eventually be some farming trade to it because the price will eventually hit 1000 on everything.
Anyway, if we're still talking about logistics, it was set to what it is because it seemed like a nice round number and I have to put a limit on it somewhere. It seems that at level 10 you might be able to dominate an entire planet for a single resource but definitely not the entire system. That's sounds about right. =)
0 link
Rujholla
Rujholla

9/3/2016
Rujholla
Rujholla
My problem is with the logistics cap for industry. I'm like Vulpex in that for me industry is where it is at. And if as you say the game goes on forever then at some point there is nothing more to do. You will pretty quickly hit a point where you have all your factories and their supply chains tweaked to the highest they can get, and building more will just cost more than it is worth.
0 link
Doctor Dread
Doctor Dread
Administrator

9/3/2016
Doctor Dread
Doctor Dread
Administrator
Rujholla wrote:
My problem is with the logistics cap for industry. I'm like Vulpex in that for me industry is where it is at. And if as you say the game goes on forever then at some point there is nothing more to do. You will pretty quickly hit a point where you have all your factories and their supply chains tweaked to the highest they can get, and building more will just cost more than it is worth.

I see where you're coming from The only solution for infinite expansion in this case would be to allow for more than 10 levels of corp but the benefits become less and less. OR there is something else you can build up that goes infinite like Faction Rating or some kind of political influence that goes by city. You build them up for doing beneficial tings for the cities and it translates into voting power for anything in that city type of thing. Something to look into.
0 link