HomeFeature Requests

Use this forum to ask for new features or suggest changes to the game.

Artwork of military base units Messages in this topic - RSS

Jazzek
Jazzek

9/1/2016
Jazzek
Jazzek
Currently the picture of the bomber shows it in space, so I was a little surprised when it couldn't travel there. I know it's just placeholder artwork at the moment, but thought it might be a good idea when you're ordering the real ones to make sure they don't show things in space that can't actually go there.
0 link
Doctor Dread
Doctor Dread
Administrator

9/1/2016
Doctor Dread
Doctor Dread
Administrator
Jazzek wrote:
Currently the picture of the bomber shows it in space, so I was a little surprised when it couldn't travel there. I know it's just placeholder artwork at the moment, but thought it might be a good idea when you're ordering the real ones to make sure they don't show things in space that can't actually go there.

I agree. I was planning to make the backgrounds of all the images change depending on where they were , for example, bombers CAN be in space when carried and fight in space so they get a space background but when on a desert planet there would be a desert background image for all the ground units and a "half-desert" background for the ships like they are low orbiting the planet.
0 link
Jazzek
Jazzek

9/1/2016
Jazzek
Jazzek
ooh, that sounds cool.
0 link
ChaChaCharms
ChaChaCharms

9/6/2016
ChaChaCharms
ChaChaCharms
Speaking of carried units, when you send a carrier into battle, do you need to tell it to unload the units it is carrying for them to participate in the battle, and then order the carrier and carried units to cease the attack, load up into the carrier, and withdraw?

--
Never trust anything that can think for itself if you can’t see where it keeps its brain..
0 link
Doctor Dread
Doctor Dread
Administrator

9/6/2016
Doctor Dread
Doctor Dread
Administrator
ChaChaCharms wrote:
Speaking of carried units, when you send a carrier into battle, do you need to tell it to unload the units it is carrying for them to participate in the battle, and then order the carrier and carried units to cease the attack, load up into the carrier, and withdraw?

No they fight as if they are there just like everything else. Carriers loaded with fighters, bomber and battlesuits etc is a good way to roll. The units carried can be far more powerful than the ships in the fleet.

Also, If the carrier is lost or a group carrier is lost and all the sudden capacity is lower than the size of the units the smaller(?) units get dropped out of the group. If that happens "in space" then the units dropped out there are stuck and take 1% damage a turn until destroyed or rescued bt another carrier
0 link