HomeGeneral Discussion

General topics about Barons of the Galaxy

About combat... Messages in this topic - RSS

Vulpex
Vulpex

9/11/2016
Vulpex
Vulpex
I noticed that the bottom left quadrant of the combat matrix is empty...

This is odd, I am assuming that stationary units were not meant to fight stationary units, however what about this situation:

Joe and I are best buddies. We work together and decide to each put up a missile turret to defend a key location we are both using.

However, we fall apart and start to fight... does this mean that those missile turrets, even if they are in the exact same location, cannot fight each other?

(For the record - my missile tower is ALWAYS bigger, better, shinier and with more pointy missiles, so don't anyone get odd ideas here...)
0 link
Doctor Dread
Doctor Dread
Administrator

9/11/2016
Doctor Dread
Doctor Dread
Administrator
Vulpex wrote:
I noticed that the bottom left quadrant of the combat matrix is empty...

This is odd, I am assuming that stationary units were not meant to fight stationary units, however what about this situation:

Joe and I are best buddies. We work together and decide to each put up a missile turret to defend a key location we are both using.

However, we fall apart and start to fight... does this mean that those missile turrets, even if they are in the exact same location, cannot fight each other?

(For the record - my missile tower is ALWAYS bigger, better, shinier and with more pointy missiles, so don't anyone get odd ideas here...)

As a rule, Defenses cannot engage each other. They are only on the defending side, never on the attacking side, If you both attacked eachother there would be one round of combat where youa re the attacker and another round where he is the attacker,. There is sort of a issue with defenses not being able to "guard" an area or corporation even though the terran federation units do it. The guarding defenses thing is probably going to go away even on the terran fed side. Defenses are very cheap and powerful compared to their normal unit counterparts even though they cannot move you can potentially use them to "attack" anyone who tries to put down in a city of yours
0 link
ChaChaCharms
ChaChaCharms

9/12/2016
ChaChaCharms
ChaChaCharms
Well... I have yet to build a monolith but cmon, is it for sure bigger AND shinier?

--
Never trust anything that can think for itself if you can’t see where it keeps its brain..
0 link
5argan
5argan

9/13/2016
5argan
5argan
I have one and it's very shiny. And expensive.
0 link
ChaChaCharms
ChaChaCharms

9/13/2016
ChaChaCharms
ChaChaCharms
I saw that in the game stats. That upkeep though

--
Never trust anything that can think for itself if you can’t see where it keeps its brain..
0 link