HomeGeneral Discussion

General topics about Barons of the Galaxy

Selling mechanics Messages in this topic - RSS

Kobalsk
Kobalsk

9/19/2016
Kobalsk
Kobalsk
I have the HQ lv 2 + Chemical Plant lv 4 im the city + 3 Chemical Plants in same planet. I have transported 4K basic chemicals to my city, but cannot sell all the chemicals, only a small portion. How the selling mechanics works?
0 link
Doctor Dread
Doctor Dread
Administrator

9/19/2016
Doctor Dread
Doctor Dread
Administrator
Kobalsk wrote:
I have the HQ lv 2 + Chemical Plant lv 4 im the city + 3 Chemical Plants in same planet. I have transported 4K basic chemicals to my city, but cannot sell all the chemicals, only a small portion. How the selling mechanics works?

There is a "volume" per product which is how much the city will take in a single turn. It is based on the cities population. You can see it from the Mange >> Buy/Sell tab for a structure which is selling it or if you go to the city location on the Viewscreen tab and drill down through the "Demand" tab you can see the volume next to the products demand and sell price.

There might be other corps selling the same thing to the same city also, not just you. Under the same Demand tab you should be able to see all the other buy and sells to that location. It is not uncommon for several corps to be selling regularly to that city also. If the maximum is being sold every turn then the price is going down a point per turn and will eventually sell down the price to nothing in a couple of days!

You need to look to sell to other nearby cities, preferably ones with bigger populations that will have a bigger Volume for your products, if you're overselling to the one you are in. If you get really big you'll start to overwhelm the planet and have to sell off world

And of course you can full out attack other peoples production outside of cities if that is the way you roll =)
edited by DrDread on 9/19/2016
0 link
Vulpex
Vulpex

9/19/2016
Vulpex
Vulpex
Question comes to mind - is the demand volume of a city per player or per city? E.g if two players are trying to sell corn to a city with 200 demand for corn can they each sell 200 that turn?
0 link
Doctor Dread
Doctor Dread
Administrator

9/20/2016
Doctor Dread
Doctor Dread
Administrator
Vulpex wrote:
Question comes to mind - is the demand volume of a city per player or per city? E.g if two players are trying to sell corn to a city with 200 demand for corn can they each sell 200 that turn?

Like everything else the volume is the total for one turn from everyone. if 4 corps tried to sell 1000 corn each to a city with a 200 volume on the same turn they would each get a sell of 50 in. If one Corp is selling 3000 and another is selling 1000 in the same turn they would get a sell of 150 and 50 in respectively. If a single Corp is selling from multiple ships at once the same sort of rules apply. If for whatever reason you cant get a single unit of product sold to a city the unit will move to the next order in its list.
0 link