HomeFeature Requests

Use this forum to ask for new features or suggest changes to the game.

Give us Event Ideas! Messages in this topic - RSS

Doctor Dread
Doctor Dread
Administrator

10/25/2016
Doctor Dread
Doctor Dread
Administrator
We plan to spend the month of October 2016 working primarily on content (our word for Events). We would love to hear some ideas for events in the form of simple Event Titles that would sound compelling in any SciFi setting like ours. Most of our events will revolve around the product categories, populations and politics but there is plenty of opportunity for classic SciFi tropes and stories to be implemented using the Mysterious Artifact Types. You can provide a quick description of what the event would effect (A vote to destroy one type of structure or another in an area) but don't get too much into the details.

Some Examples:
Penal Colony
Alien Battleground
Shadow World
Unstable Wormhole
The Collector
Unwanted Immigration
Demagogue
Immigrant Uprising
Three Faction Election
Lost Colony
Ancient Starlane
0 link
ChaChaCharms
ChaChaCharms

10/26/2016
ChaChaCharms
ChaChaCharms
Alien Genocide: You come across a fleet of alien ships that refuse communication of any kind, but they will relentlessly attack you as they slowly head towards the Sol System. Either have it attack every system in its path towards Sol, or leave them alone. You can band together and fight the aliens and are rewarded when they are finally defeated with A(X) artifacts, units, and money.

Ideally the rewards should be justified by having dealt the most damage to the aliens. But you don't want the aliens to necessarily destroy all infrastructure on their path to Sol and Earth, perhaps they damage all buildings to XX% and destroy all units (not sure what is possible).. The TF will obviously attack as the alien swarm enters the Sol System, but it is up to all the players to assist in the defeat of the Aliens...if they succeed in reaching Earth and are not destroyed, all Corps in the Sol System receive a heavy tax penalty until the Aliens are dethroned from Earth

--
Never trust anything that can think for itself if you can’t see where it keeps its brain..
0 link
Rassol
Rassol

11/23/2016
Rassol
Rassol
The great thing is to make events that encourage players in combat interaction.
I.e. a transport ship with something valuable is lost in space and the owner will pay in some way for hauling it's cargo (which is big and can be hauled only by freighter) to his HQ. Every player get it's coordinates. It takes some time to transfer cargo. Meanwhile some raiders might attack this location, or other players can attack it while cargo is being loaded. Also players can intercept cargo on the way to HQ in attempt to get the reward by themselves.

Another concept is like ChaChaCharms wrote, player cooperation in PVE. Some sort of event that involves players in combat action against Raider/Aliens/Other forms of life etc. The point is to give reward to each participating player.

It also would be cool to make raiders attacks more powerfull and make raward for destroying their base in form of bounty payment or goods.
0 link
Doctor Dread
Doctor Dread
Administrator

11/23/2016
Doctor Dread
Doctor Dread
Administrator
Rassol wrote:
The great thing is to make events that encourage players in combat interaction.
I.e. a transport ship with something valuable is lost in space and the owner will pay in some way for hauling it's cargo (which is big and can be hauled only by freighter) to his HQ. Every player get it's coordinates. It takes some time to transfer cargo. Meanwhile some raiders might attack this location, or other players can attack it while cargo is being loaded. Also players can intercept cargo on the way to HQ in attempt to get the reward by themselves.

Another concept is like ChaChaCharms wrote, player cooperation in PVE. Some sort of event that involves players in combat action against Raider/Aliens/Other forms of life etc. The point is to give reward to each participating player.

It also would be cool to make raiders attacks more powerfull and make raward for destroying their base in form of bounty payment or goods.

Those are great ideas, I do want to make it profitable to attack raiders, or even participate in cooperative events. I have to make some changes to the event system to link units to events. This is something I need to do for "quest" events anyway and I will hopefully be working on that this week.
0 link

12/29/2016
A chance to raid the raiders!
+1 link
Orexis
Orexis

1/9/2017
Orexis
Orexis
I'd like to see some political events. For instance if you're a ruler but you've been voting to ban/allow fads regularly that make people angry or abuse the populace (increasing demand while letting people die, then profiting off the sales), the populace could either riot or could possible lobby against you and reduce your voting power in the next election. Choices that would increase population happiness on the other hand might do the opposite or give a boon to production or a random permanent bonus to a unit or structure in the area (permanent -5% to cost of unit/structure for instance)
0 link
Doctor Dread
Doctor Dread
Administrator

1/9/2017
Doctor Dread
Doctor Dread
Administrator
Orexis wrote:
I'd like to see some political events. For instance if you're a ruler but you've been voting to ban/allow fads regularly that make people angry or abuse the populace (increasing demand while letting people die, then profiting off the sales), the populace could either riot or could possible lobby against you and reduce your voting power in the next election. Choices that would increase population happiness on the other hand might do the opposite or give a boon to production or a random permanent bonus to a unit or structure in the area (permanent -5% to cost of unit/structure for instance)

If you are a ruler of a city you want to see it prosper as well as the people in it, you make more income the bigger it gets and more voting power in other events, such as voting for a planetary ruler. I don't want to do political events against the cities directly, we want the players to engage with each other. I don't have "stats" on the cities other than their population and demand. The demand average, rising or falling, or even the population rising or falling can be used as a Happiness Stat. We don't want the cities turning into Civ VI =)

There could be "riot" type of events that go better or worse depending on whether your population is rising or falling, or has a lot of combat happening there. Kind of like a "Population Complaint" event which takes the worst problem your city has and makes an event around it.
0 link
Orexis
Orexis

1/9/2017
Orexis
Orexis
I like that too 8) main idea i wsd goingv for is logical immersion rather than forced plots so any events based on long term trends is cool.
0 link
RadCavalier
RadCavalier

1/10/2017
RadCavalier
RadCavalier
What if the city rioting created a co-operative event that encourages players to supply certain high-tier services or products to pacify the populace? This event may possibly trigger due to logical reasoning (local combat, severe lack of an essential resource, etc.) and could even provide opportunities for opportunistic corporations to expand into those cities to fill those needs.
0 link
Doctor Dread
Doctor Dread
Administrator

1/10/2017
Doctor Dread
Doctor Dread
Administrator
RadCavalier wrote:
What if the city rioting created a co-operative event that encourages players to supply certain high-tier services or products to pacify the populace? This event may possibly trigger due to logical reasoning (local combat, severe lack of an essential resource, etc.) and could even provide opportunities for opportunistic corporations to expand into those cities to fill those needs.

Sounds like the event would demand that certain products, maybe ones that are severely in demand, to come down in price or there will be riots. Population infantry units, that start attacking the city if the demand doesn't come down to a certain level in a certain amount of time. A food riot =)
0 link