HomeGeneral Discussion

General topics about Barons of the Galaxy

How long is a turn IRL? Messages in this topic - RSS

eccheccazzo
eccheccazzo

11/28/2016
eccheccazzo
eccheccazzo
What is (or what is more likely to be?) the real life equivalent of one turn?
One day? One month?
I somehow need this information for immersion. smile
0 link
Doctor Dread
Doctor Dread
Administrator

11/28/2016
Doctor Dread
Doctor Dread
Administrator
eccheccazzo wrote:
What is (or what is more likely to be?) the real life equivalent of one turn?
One day? One month?
I somehow need this information for immersion. smile

That is dangerous =) Realism is going to break your immersion!

...But since we're having fun here, I would say 1 turn is equivalent to at least one real life day.

I am basing that off of fighters being able to cross the planet in 2-3 "days" realistically, obviously not flying max speed the entire time.
An army , using trucks can probably cross the united states in 4-5 days. And there are 4-5 squares in the united states.
A ship in game traveling 10 (Freighter) can get to another planet 5-6 spaces away in a couple of weeks.
A ship flying 10 can go about 200 days to get to another Star System 3-4 spaces away.

The distances on the map between planets is obviously not to scale with the planets themselves. The Moon in reality is 30x the width of the planet earth away from earth. Earth is 7k miles diameter(?) Moon is like 250k miles away. I can explain that by saying the empty spaces between planets and stars is traveled across at much higher speeds than when traveling over a planet which technically is "in orbit" and can be attacked by ground forces.

1 day = 1 turn and 1000 game turns happens in a week (7 days) . make the time compression in the game be about 1 to 150 ish? 144 turns at most should happen in a single day. that sounds about right.
0 link
eccheccazzo
eccheccazzo

11/28/2016
eccheccazzo
eccheccazzo
Yes one day is what I thought.
Yes too much realism in general is bad, but it felt weird earning $ 7'000 every 10 minutes at the start of the game. Now it makes more sense! smile
0 link
Rydh2o
Rydh2o

12/29/2016
Rydh2o
Rydh2o
One turn is just ten minutes for me. Lol I find myself watching the countdown timer like a hawk! *taps fingers harder on my desk as time winds down*
0 link
Doctor Dread
Doctor Dread
Administrator

12/29/2016
Doctor Dread
Doctor Dread
Administrator
Rydh2o wrote:
One turn is just ten minutes for me. Lol I find myself watching the countdown timer like a hawk! *taps fingers harder on my desk as time winds down*

You are hardcore man =)

I don't even have addicting timers and flashing gold buttons!
0 link
Rydh2o
Rydh2o

12/30/2016
Rydh2o
Rydh2o
LOL! If you did that I may get fired Stick Out Tongue
0 link