HomeGeneral Discussion

General topics about Barons of the Galaxy

Upcoming SyFy Show Messages in this topic - RSS

ChaChaCharms
ChaChaCharms

1/3/2017
ChaChaCharms
ChaChaCharms
I am not sure how many of you receive the SyFy channel, but they have an upcoming series called "The Expanse". Basically it is suppose to portray the politics, economics, and warring of 3 factions: Earth, the colonies on Mars, and those who have colonized in the Asteroid Belt... Looks promising and brings the question of whether certain TF factions may choose to become friendly to only certain Corps from their home planet, or else the need to establish trade routes with other planets... I know this may be too late to suggest anything but it definitely can jumpstart anyone's think tank that may be stalled..

On a side note, what happen to the asteroid belt, did it get mined out of existence in the plot setting up the story or did I miss anything?

--
Never trust anything that can think for itself if you can’t see where it keeps its brain..
0 link
Doctor Dread
Doctor Dread
Administrator

1/3/2017
Doctor Dread
Doctor Dread
Administrator
ChaChaCharms wrote:
I am not sure how many of you receive the SyFy channel, but they have an upcoming series called "The Expanse". Basically it is suppose to portray the politics, economics, and warring of 3 factions: Earth, the colonies on Mars, and those who have colonized in the Asteroid Belt... Looks promising and brings the question of whether certain TF factions may choose to become friendly to only certain Corps from their home planet, or else the need to establish trade routes with other planets... I know this may be too late to suggest anything but it definitely can jumpstart anyone's think tank that may be stalled..

On a side note, what happen to the asteroid belt, did it get mined out of existence in the plot setting up the story or did I miss anything?

They are not in place yet but its something I want to get in sooner than later. Asteroid belts will look like little moons scattered around the system. The are going to have resources that are minable from the ships themselves. How exactly that works I'm not sure yet. Probably something based on cargo capacity, so freighters will be the best bet. You can't land on them or put up structures, its purely "in space" but anyone can "mine" any resource they can find out there without having to setup a structure. It won't be nearly as fast as a structure on land but you can bring a fleet out there to get it working pretty good. the problem is there will still be overcrowding but it won't be a price increase it will be a time to harvest increase. A crowd of ships can train wreck trying to mine the same resource. And that leads to the entire purpose of asteroid belts

CONFLICT! =)

As for factions. There is a Commonwealth and Dark Star pirate faction already. We want to do some kind of politics with them as the norm. Those two factions will probably have a randomly placed Base of operations and offer services to the players, like hiring pirates. If there base is destroyed there is some kind of reward or maybe faction points if we get into that. Either way their base will respawn somewhere else. They will be in every star system.
edited by DrDread on 1/3/2017
+1 link
ChaChaCharms
ChaChaCharms

1/4/2017
ChaChaCharms
ChaChaCharms
Fantastic!!

--
Never trust anything that can think for itself if you can’t see where it keeps its brain..
0 link