HomeGeneral Discussion

General topics about Barons of the Galaxy

Ways to help the development? Messages in this topic - RSS

RadCavalier
RadCavalier

1/10/2017
RadCavalier
RadCavalier
Hi! I'm quite new to the game, but I love what you guys are doing here. I was wondering if there was any way we could help grow the game/community in terms of creative contributions or, well, anything you could think of. I plan to donate when I can, but until that point I was wondering if there was anything more substantive we could offer?

-RadCav
0 link
Doctor Dread
Doctor Dread
Administrator

1/10/2017
Doctor Dread
Doctor Dread
Administrator
RadCavalier wrote:
Hi! I'm quite new to the game, but I love what you guys are doing here. I was wondering if there was any way we could help grow the game/community in terms of creative contributions or, well, anything you could think of. I plan to donate when I can, but until that point I was wondering if there was anything more substantive we could offer?

-RadCav

Reporting bugs is of course helpful =) Talking about the most annoying things about the UI or game in general helps also.

If you want to contribute creatively then maybe Event Ideas. The event system allows for multi-stage "branching" events almost like a choose your own adventure story. It can start with a quick blurb and a vote, then depending on that, branch into 3 different paths. They need to be cooperative in nature and usually that means a vote of some kind by certain corps in an area preferably with a niche product industry or type of military (we like the events were a seemingly small player with the right industry is all the sudden important in a big event).

Its tricky making compelling events involving several players who may or not be participating so path direction usually boils down to a vote across a swath of territory or industry type. Also there isn't much you can actually "do" in the game besides move units, products and fight. There also aren't any custom items or loot drops like in an MMO, but we can make custom rare units like what the mysterious artifacts are giving out right now.

With that in mind events usually affect product categories demand vs population or move populations around depending on a vote. We can also make NPC units spawn and wars break out in this city or that city depending on a vote. Have a Kaiju monster attack a city with some sort of resource product as a source of damage. Link units, corps or product stacks to events so you can chase down the one ship that stole a princess across the system and destroy it to win the event or something like that.

Anyway, with those things in mind if you can come up with a compelling event that would great too
0 link