HomeFeature Requests

Use this forum to ask for new features or suggest changes to the game.

Some QoL notes :) Messages in this topic - RSS

RadCavalier
RadCavalier

1/15/2017
RadCavalier
RadCavalier
Hi! First thing's first, I've been playing this game almost every day and I love it! I've been chewing on some event ideas, but for now here are some Quality of Life notes I've had while playing.

First, it would be awesome if we could have the names of the people posting messages hyperlinked to their corporate profile, so we could click and get more information on who is doing the talking.

Second, if possible, I think it would be helpful for military units to have their base stats displayed on the construction screen, as well as their upgrade screen. Without seeing which upgrades I chose in the past, or the current weaknesses of the units it makes choices a little tricky. I like shoring up my units' weaknesses, and I can't do that without seeing what their stats are/will be. Also, if the upgrade choices of the past could be logged somewhere in the case of ships, it would be good to see what I've done in the past.

Lastly, and this is the doozy that I think may not be possible.. would it be doable to add a "Trade Routes" page which reads all infinitely looped orders, their destinations and the cargo sold as a means of managing our fleets of transports and freighters? I've taken to writing a separate spreadsheet to manage mine, but keeping it updated is tricky since demand drops in cities, routes change, and oftentimes I find myself working with outdated information. I just think a Trade Routes page, however it gets formed, would help immensely in keeping things how I want them. But I recognize this one might be shooting for the moon. smile

At any rate, just wanted to say this has been a great game and I fully intend on donating when I have the dosh to do so! Cheers!
0 link
Doctor Dread
Doctor Dread
Administrator

1/15/2017
Doctor Dread
Doctor Dread
Administrator
RadCavalier wrote:
Hi! First thing's first, I've been playing this game almost every day and I love it! I've been chewing on some event ideas, but for now here are some Quality of Life notes I've had while playing.

First, it would be awesome if we could have the names of the people posting messages hyperlinked to their corporate profile, so we could click and get more information on who is doing the talking.

Second, if possible, I think it would be helpful for military units to have their base stats displayed on the construction screen, as well as their upgrade screen. Without seeing which upgrades I chose in the past, or the current weaknesses of the units it makes choices a little tricky. I like shoring up my units' weaknesses, and I can't do that without seeing what their stats are/will be. Also, if the upgrade choices of the past could be logged somewhere in the case of ships, it would be good to see what I've done in the past.

Lastly, and this is the doozy that I think may not be possible.. would it be doable to add a "Trade Routes" page which reads all infinitely looped orders, their destinations and the cargo sold as a means of managing our fleets of transports and freighters? I've taken to writing a separate spreadsheet to manage mine, but keeping it updated is tricky since demand drops in cities, routes change, and oftentimes I find myself working with outdated information. I just think a Trade Routes page, however it gets formed, would help immensely in keeping things how I want them. But I recognize this one might be shooting for the moon. smile

At any rate, just wanted to say this has been a great game and I fully intend on donating when I have the dosh to do so! Cheers!

1) Yes, Links from the comms page, and other places. Its on the UI to do list!
2) Yes, Someone already mentioned this. Upgrade to and From stats of some sort on the manage screen where you upgrade things
3) Yes, I want to to do Trade Routes as lines and little markers on the Viewscreen itself. Lines showing the travel and markers showing what they do there. Maybe click on one or have a grid displaying which unit each line goes to. I need to rework the viewscreen to make that feasible.

All good suggestions =)
0 link