HomeFeature Requests

Use this forum to ask for new features or suggest changes to the game.

Multiple order actions Messages in this topic - RSS

BaronOfThGalaxy
BaronOfThGalaxy
Posts: 47


1/16/2017
BaronOfThGalaxy
BaronOfThGalaxy
Posts: 47
Is there a possibility to execute multiple orders at one turn for lets say a transport vehicle.
Example:

Order number#4: Buy From City: 250 fish
Order number#5: Buy From City: 250 beef

To combine these 2 into taking only 1 turn instead of 2 separate ones.

Example 2:

Order number#4: Sell To City: 500 beef
Order number#5: Buy From City: 500 fish

To sum up that multiple actions at the same location does only take 1 turn.

This will open up many opportunities in managing logistics and takes away a lot of what feels like unnecessary turns imo.
0 link
ChaChaCharms
ChaChaCharms
Posts: 167


1/16/2017
ChaChaCharms
ChaChaCharms
Posts: 167
Granted this does not fix the problem, but you could just have 2 transports

--
Never trust anything that can think for itself if you can’t see where it keeps its brain..
0 link
BaronOfThGalaxy
BaronOfThGalaxy
Posts: 47


1/16/2017
BaronOfThGalaxy
BaronOfThGalaxy
Posts: 47
Sorry but you don't make any sense, do you even know what I meant with this suggestion?
Or please explain what you meant with what you call is the problem.
0 link
Doctor Dread
Doctor Dread
Administrator
Posts: 1463


1/16/2017
Doctor Dread
Doctor Dread
Administrator
Posts: 1463
BaronOfThGalaxy wrote:
Is there a possibility to execute multiple orders at one turn for lets say a transport vehicle.
Example:

Order number#4: Buy From City: 250 fish
Order number#5: Buy From City: 250 beef

To combine these 2 into taking only 1 turn instead of 2 separate ones.

Example 2:

Order number#4: Sell To City: 500 beef
Order number#5: Buy From City: 500 fish

To sum up that multiple actions at the same location does only take 1 turn.

This will open up many opportunities in managing logistics and takes away a lot of what feels like unnecessary turns imo.


The game wasn't originally coded to do that sort of thing is why it hasn't changed yet BUT we did do it a little differently for the Distribution Center Structure which can sell or buy multiple things at once. So we want to change the units to be able to at least be able "Sell All" which will try to sell 5 different things at once. Essentially "Dump Everything". To have the units buy and sell in the same turn on top of that is getting a little tricky though. Because we are handling al sells and buys from everyone on that same turn and there is a limit to how much can be bought or sold on one turn it becomes a little complicated in the back end and in the UI to have a small list of things everyone is trying to buy and sell at once .
0 link
BaronOfThGalaxy
BaronOfThGalaxy
Posts: 47


1/16/2017
BaronOfThGalaxy
BaronOfThGalaxy
Posts: 47
Yes I was already wondering if this was on limitation with the code, or was designed intenionally for every actions but some parts had to be refined yet.

I don't know if this a good idea, but like an additional turn in between the 10minutes (at 5:00) which is only for loading and unloading cargo/units and other misc logistical stuff, not sure if this kind of method can bypass the code limitations at this point in the first place, but if it is it could be an idea to solve this issue a bit.
0 link
Doctor Dread
Doctor Dread
Administrator
Posts: 1463


1/16/2017
Doctor Dread
Doctor Dread
Administrator
Posts: 1463
BaronOfThGalaxy wrote:
Yes I was already wondering if this was on limitation with the code, or was designed intenionally for every actions but some parts had to be refined yet.

I don't know if this a good idea, but like an additional turn in between the 10minutes (at 5:00) which is only for loading and unloading cargo/units and other misc logistical stuff, not sure if this kind of method can bypass the code limitations at this point in the first place, but if it is it could be an idea to solve this issue a bit.


An additional turn just for transports probably isn't going to happen. A 5 minute turn MAY happen. There is a worry that the turn flips themselves might start taking a long time with more people playing. They take 5-15 seconds right now. We want to "slam" the system before we launch and see how it handles more players, if it still can stay under 20 seconds or so , then we might adjust the game to do 5 minute turns. There is a fear that we wont be able to keep the turns flips under a minute with a lot of players and features making 5 minute turns really 4 minutes. I don't think that is going to happen though. The UI takes some time to navigate, we want to speed that up also. 5 minutes might be cutting it short to react to a fight from a text message sent your phone (that's coming soon also).

Also 10 minutes came out to be a nice number, About 1000 turns a week =)
0 link
BaronOfThGalaxy
BaronOfThGalaxy
Posts: 47


1/16/2017
BaronOfThGalaxy
BaronOfThGalaxy
Posts: 47
Ok I get it
0 link
ChaChaCharms
ChaChaCharms
Posts: 167


1/16/2017
ChaChaCharms
ChaChaCharms
Posts: 167
BaronOfThGalaxy wrote:
Sorry but you don't make any sense, do you even know what I meant with this suggestion?
Or please explain what you meant with what you call is the problem.


What I mean is if you want 2 orders to be done on the same turn, without adjusting code or using a distribution center, have 2 transports and give each an order, 1 buys and 1 sells. What I meant by problem was your original question, how to both buy and sell during the same turn, or sell 2 units during the same turn or buy 2 units during the same turn.

A question for Dr., when I have 2 products at a site and I tell the transport to pick up "everything" does it take equal parts of both products or how does it determine what to pick up of each amount lying there?

10 minutes seems a great time limit for turns, its give enough to begin adjusting trade routes, granted I can't adjust all my routes in 1 turn but I can usually adjust my routes within 1-3 turns depending on how preoccupied I am smile.


--
Never trust anything that can think for itself if you can’t see where it keeps its brain..
0 link
BaronOfThGalaxy
BaronOfThGalaxy
Posts: 47


1/16/2017
BaronOfThGalaxy
BaronOfThGalaxy
Posts: 47
I thought you mean with "Granted this does not fix the problem", that if you made that possible it would not fix the problem. smile
My english is not perfect.
0 link






Powered by Jitbit Forum 8.3.8.0 © 2006-2013 Jitbit Software