SafeHold Corporation is ruler of Sol System Messages in this topic - RSS

Doctor Dread
Doctor Dread
Administrator

1/16/2017
Doctor Dread
Doctor Dread
Administrator
First Star Lord has been elected. Never actually tested on the live server yet and I think there is a display bug in the grid =)
If you want to see all the leaders of Sol you can look at the Sol System on the Viewscreen and then hit the "Show Data" button towards the right,

Star Lord of Sol Cayleb AhrmahkSafehold Corp
Emperor of MarsMarsCoureurSpatialeThB Productions
Emperor of EarthEarthSpeed C UnitySpeed Corp Unity
Emperor of MercuryMercuryCayleb AhrmahkSafehold Corp
0 link
ChaChaCharms
ChaChaCharms

1/17/2017
ChaChaCharms
ChaChaCharms
Out of curiosity, is there any level beyond Star Lord? or will there be additional perks aside from receiving income based off population of the system?

--
Never trust anything that can think for itself if you can’t see where it keeps its brain..
0 link
Doctor Dread
Doctor Dread
Administrator

1/17/2017
Doctor Dread
Doctor Dread
Administrator
ChaChaCharms wrote:
Out of curiosity, is there any level beyond Star Lord? or will there be additional perks aside from receiving income based off population of the system?

You mean like the "Galactus" of the entire sector? Whats the matter, ruler of an entire Star System not enough for your insatiable lust for POWER?! You have already gone corrupt! =)

I don't have anything planned past Star Lord, but remember, there is an election every week to maintain all your holdings. I wanted to come up with some sort of faction or reputation system which can be spent on voting and earned through certain events and/or just being a ruler. I also wanted t make events aimed at the rulers for a vote, like some sort of council vote on things that affect the entire system or planets. "Laws" that remain in effect until overturned. "No capital ships allowed on Mars" for example. Real political stuff like that.
0 link
ChaChaCharms
ChaChaCharms

1/17/2017
ChaChaCharms
ChaChaCharms
Sort of like having a ruling party and you can garner points by say, destroying pirates smile.

--
Never trust anything that can think for itself if you can’t see where it keeps its brain..
0 link
Hutton
Hutton

4/22/2017
Hutton
Hutton
What precipitates systems wide elections?

Also, in the chart above Safehold holds the chair for both Mercury and Sol. I thought you could only have 1 seat at a time. Or were things different in that previous beta test?
0 link
Doctor Dread
Doctor Dread
Administrator

4/22/2017
Doctor Dread
Doctor Dread
Administrator
Hutton wrote:
What precipitates systems wide elections?

Also, in the chart above Safehold holds the chair for both Mercury and Sol. I thought you could only have 1 seat at a time. Or were things different in that previous beta test?

You can only be ruler of one city,planet or System but you can be the ruler of a cIty, a planet and a system. You can't be ruler of two cities, or two planets or 2 systems but you can have one of each. The thing that really prevents you from having two of the same title is that your corp HQ cant be in two places at once. The system will immediately take away your current city rulership if you obtain another one after moving your Corp HQ. Elections are usual once a week, 1000 turns, but if you move your Corp HQ away you still retain your title but won't be eligible in the next election if its not back in time. You can lose your Corp HQ due to destruction but you need to place it back before the event fires for election or you wont be a candidate,.

Planet elections come from the city rulers, and System elections come from the planet rulers. Although even if you lose your lower seat, say you lose the election for your city but you are still ruler of the planet, you will still be a candidate in the next planetary election. The Incumbent is always eligible as long as he still has a paid account AND his Corp HQ is in the proper scope of the election. So Safehold can become Ruler of Sol but then lose his City and planet seats. He will still be eligible candidate in the next Sol Election as the incumbent , but if he ever loses that Sol election he would have to start back up the political ladder becoming ruler of a city and then a planet again.

City elections are held every week. Once there is 3 city rulers, a planetary election will show up within 100 turns for that planet. Once there are 3 planetary rulers in a system, a System Star Lord election will show up within 100 turns.

It looks like once the cities of Bryan, Sheba and Topeka get a ruler. A system lord election can fire. Actually I take that back. The Moon has a leader also and it is considered a planet. So a couple more elections on the other planets and a Star Lord Election will fire. EDIT!

UPDATE: I'm sorry, I am DRUNK or something. You need 3 planetary rulers in place before a Sol Election will happen. That means you need THREE city rulers on THREE planets before that will happen. Earth already has a planet ruler. The other planets in Sol only have one city per right now so theirs no way it can happen right now. You have to get the existing remote cities past 10 million population just to allow another city to spawn, then 10 mil more so a third one will spawn. THEN have an election for all 3 cities to get a planet lord. You have to do that to two other planets besides Earth.
edited by DrDread on 4/22/2017
edited by DrDread on 4/22/2017
0 link