HomeFeature Requests

Use this forum to ask for new features or suggest changes to the game.

Downgrade assets and upgrade queues Messages in this topic - RSS

BaronOfThGalaxy
BaronOfThGalaxy

1/20/2017
BaronOfThGalaxy
BaronOfThGalaxy
2 suggestions related to upgrades,

Possibility to downgrade upgrades you have made on units or buildings to free up space in asset capacities, since there is a limit you need to adjust levels if you change business strategies which can now only be done by destroying it and and start all over again with a unit or building and bring it to the desired level, and downgrading also maybe costing time and credits.

And queues to set for upgrades, so buildings and units will automatically start to advance to the next upgrade when it finishes a former upgrade when there is credit available, so I can set my transport for example to keep upgrading to level 4.
0 link
Zango
Zango

1/21/2017
Zango
Zango
+1 .some really good ideas there!
0 link
ChaChaCharms
ChaChaCharms

1/21/2017
ChaChaCharms
ChaChaCharms
I could see the queue idea be set up for paid accounts as an additional perk, but we have already talked about downgrading buildings and it is on the list from what I understand

--
Never trust anything that can think for itself if you can’t see where it keeps its brain..
0 link
BaronOfThGalaxy
BaronOfThGalaxy

1/21/2017
BaronOfThGalaxy
BaronOfThGalaxy
well I don't like the idea that being an additional perk for paid accounts only imo, putting a pay wall to unlock game mechanics seems to be very thing what is wrong with games these days, but yo, that's my opinion :P
0 link
Doctor Dread
Doctor Dread
Administrator

1/21/2017
Doctor Dread
Doctor Dread
Administrator
BaronOfThGalaxy wrote:
well I don't like the idea that being an additional perk for paid accounts only imo, putting a pay wall to unlock game mechanics seems to be very thing what is wrong with games these days, but yo, that's my opinion :P

I wouldn't make a queue limit based on paid status, like Astro empries does. Paid status perks are going to be things like, push comms notifications to email, up loadable images and, for mostly practical reasons, being elected for government positions. I do want to add a SLIGHT advantage to logistics or corp Tech for paid accounts, something that amounts to less than 5% advantage just so you can say you get SOMETHING for paid account. Ilike the idea of upping your logistics caps slightly. Like +5 and +20 for structures and military, that really only becomes an advantage at max level anyway Founders are getting a slight advantage already to corpHQ bonus.
0 link
BaronOfThGalaxy
BaronOfThGalaxy

1/22/2017
BaronOfThGalaxy
BaronOfThGalaxy
Ain't it an idea to have the game just everything same for everyone, but you make clear to the players that they are able to support the game to keep the game running and further develop, there is always the possibility to change it into paid perks because of lack of support (not because of greedy shareholders who got your company in a stranglehold LUL)
I'm pretty sure there will be a lot of support from people for this concept, although I have no crystal ball, I can imagine people want to keep a game alive they have a lot of fun with that still demands nothing of them.
But anyway, yea anything which is less being placed behind a paywall I can only support that smile
0 link
Doctor Dread
Doctor Dread
Administrator

1/22/2017
Doctor Dread
Doctor Dread
Administrator
BaronOfThGalaxy wrote:
Ain't it an idea to have the game just everything same for everyone, but you make clear to the players that they are able to support the game to keep the game running and further develop, there is always the possibility to change it into paid perks because of lack of support (not because of greedy shareholders who got your company in a stranglehold LUL)
I'm pretty sure there will be a lot of support from people for this concept, although I have no crystal ball, I can imagine people want to keep a game alive they have a lot of fun with that still demands nothing of them.
But anyway, yea anything which is less being placed behind a paywall I can only support that smile

Ideally the only thing you would pay for are cosmetic vanity items. I don't have much opportunity for that in this game except for maybe different variations of ship images. But that's 25+ units.Elections on paid only is great but that doesn't apply to everyone. Not moving your Corp HQ out of Sol System might still be the important one, it depends on how it goes when Sol has less cities and resources than it does now.
0 link
BaronOfThGalaxy
BaronOfThGalaxy

1/22/2017
BaronOfThGalaxy
BaronOfThGalaxy
Tbh cosmetic vanity items and different variations of ship images could be the perfect solution in my opinion, that's like giving everyone 99% of the game, just make sure the players got the statement that the game is free but it still needs support and they can do that by taking a subscription which is purely to support the game and it's development and they will be getting cosmetic customization options as an extra , in that case.
For example having the ability to upload you own pictures could be a good addition for subscribers, some people are restyling their game into Star Wars, Starcraft, Halo, or EVE, this might also attract a big data base of players who want to do this just for the fact it feels like they are making their own game, which already has a great setting to do so on.
I don't know if you ever played Magic Cards, but it are the pictures on the cards that does it all, it just triggers the fantasy smile
But yes there are a a lot of option you can do with subscription, but you can also always change or adjust them if something is not working the way intended.
0 link
Doctor Dread
Doctor Dread
Administrator

1/22/2017
Doctor Dread
Doctor Dread
Administrator
BaronOfThGalaxy wrote:
Tbh cosmetic vanity items and different variations of ship images could be the perfect solution in my opinion, that's like giving everyone 99% of the game, just make sure the players got the statement that the game is free but it still needs support and they can do that by taking a subscription which is purely to support the game and it's development and they will be getting cosmetic customization options as an extra , in that case.
For example having the ability to upload you own pictures could be a good addition for subscribers, some people are restyling their game into Star Wars, Starcraft, Halo, or EVE, this might also attract a big data base of players who want to do this just for the fact it feels like they are making their own game, which already has a great setting to do so on.
I don't know if you ever played Magic Cards, but it are the pictures on the cards that does it all, it just triggers the fantasy smile
But yes there are a a lot of option you can do with subscription, but you can also always change or adjust them if something is not working the way intended.

Upload images will be paid account. To make a new set of unit images isn't viable. This game doesn't have the mass of people it would take to support that feature. Even if everyone bought custom images it wouldn't cover the cost =) I might try to make customizable images where you can tweak the colors on the units, that might work as a paid subscription option too.
0 link
BaronOfThGalaxy
BaronOfThGalaxy

1/23/2017
BaronOfThGalaxy
BaronOfThGalaxy
Yes that makes sense, but I do believe when the game goes out of beta it will flock a decent amount of people, since there is lack of browser space games especially like these, and those existed are all pay $ to speed up progress or pay to win.
Which none like but have no choice because they all do it xD
0 link