Kaiju Attack Event Messages in this topic - RSS

Doctor Dread
Doctor Dread
Administrator

1/21/2017
Doctor Dread
Doctor Dread
Administrator
We're testing a new Kaiju attack event this week as well as some other changes involving events.

The Kaiju attack is similar to a raider or pirate event except it spawns a "Super Unit" and it's not going to Raid your products, its just going to attack on a rampage towards a city. Also the Kaiju will have a weakness linked to a specific random resource product (Radioactive Metals, Rare Woods etc) which can be used to damage it without combat. You just have to dump that product on its location and it destroys the product and does damage equal to the quantity to the Kaiju next turn. All damage taken or done via product counts towards your bounty split if its destroyed.

Right now there is only one kind of Kaiju that is a super scaled up version of a tank unit, but we plan to make 3-4 different kinds that "Attack As" different kinds of units types so they require different kinds of units to combat it. Infantry, Battlesuit, Artillery and even Fighter or Bomber. The Kaijus have levels 1-10 like any other ground unit but they are usually starting at like 20 times the attack power and 50x the Hit points and bounty value of that unit type at level 1, then scale up in levels from there like any other ground unit. Level 10 Kaiju were breaking the database 32-bit integer limitations for some things =)

The event itself will have a link to track exactly where the unit is at the time and we also are working on making every event have its own Comms channel so everyone can scream for help in the appropriate place. The Random level of the Kaiju is capped to 1 level per 10mil population on the planet. A 100mil pop planet can spawn a level 10 Kaiju. A level 10 Kaiju of the one kind we have hits for like 2000x tanks and has 500k hit points. In testing, a single monolith lost a war with a level 7 Kaiju rampaging through terran fed defenses and it doesn't even hit capital ships for squat. Try Bombers =)
edited by DrDread on 1/21/2017
0 link
ChaChaCharms
ChaChaCharms

1/23/2017
ChaChaCharms
ChaChaCharms
So the only way to successfully get bounty from these events is to take damage, it seems counterintuitive.. wouldn't you be rewarded with wiping the thing off the face of the planet effectively, versus allowing it to rampage for multiple turns?

--
Never trust anything that can think for itself if you can’t see where it keeps its brain..
0 link
Doctor Dread
Doctor Dread
Administrator

1/23/2017
Doctor Dread
Doctor Dread
Administrator
ChaChaCharms wrote:
So the only way to successfully get bounty from these events is to take damage, it seems counterintuitive.. wouldn't you be rewarded with wiping the thing off the face of the planet effectively, versus allowing it to rampage for multiple turns?

No that's not how it works. The total bounty is the same regardless if you all take 300 damage and destroy it or 3 million damage and destroy it. The amount of damage you take individually is what determines how the bounty is spread out. If you took half the total damage inflicted, then you will take half the bounty.

I would of liked to add up the damage taken AND damage inflicted but its not even possible to pull how much damage you did individually from the database right now. I would have to add something to the database to track that information and its not straightforward. Maybe in the future, because to see how much damage your individual unit did in a fight would be helpful.

Its not worth it take a bunch of damage from the kaiju in order to get alot of the bounty, as in, send a bunch of large cheap units. The cost of repair is quite significant. I had a Neo Tank 100x stack unit in a jaiju fight that went to 30% before it died. Its costing me 300k per turn for 70 turns to repair that. I thin my cut of the bounty was a little over 6 million =)
0 link
BaronOfThGalaxy
BaronOfThGalaxy

1/23/2017
BaronOfThGalaxy
BaronOfThGalaxy
I don't know if it is intended to be,but when a Kaiju attacked, it damaged the population regardless the military present, couldn't military units also act as some kind of dmg absorber before dmg is applied to cities? or just on ratio's, like it reduces the chances for more higher dmgs to cities.
0 link
Doctor Dread
Doctor Dread
Administrator

1/23/2017
Doctor Dread
Doctor Dread
Administrator
BaronOfThGalaxy wrote:
I don't know if it is intended to be,but when a Kaiju attacked, it damaged the population regardless the military present, couldn't military units also act as some kind of dmg absorber before dmg is applied to cities? or just on ratio's, like it reduces the chances for more higher dmgs to cities.

Fighting in a city damages the population, its not like you're targeting the population, its collateral. It makes you not want fighting in the cities especially when you're the city ruler. Cities are double edged in this way because in case of a Kaiju its better to meet in the city with Terran defenses in Sol or everyone's military fortifications but if you fight int he city you'll do damage.

The amount of damage is up for debate. Its based on the Power of the units
0 link