HomeFeature Requests

Use this forum to ask for new features or suggest changes to the game.

Logistical solutions Messages in this topic - RSS

BaronOfThGalaxy
BaronOfThGalaxy

1/22/2017
BaronOfThGalaxy
BaronOfThGalaxy
There is a lot of logistical management in this game, I have now come to a point that I can't handle the management of all my logistics without spending a lot and a lot of time configuration my assets stock in cities and transports.

For example last day the clothing industry collapsed, I have been buying lot's of clothing since than, I got several cities full stocks of clothing products, which is fine because I make a lot of profit of them, but transporting them out of the cities to the locations I want them to is an extremely exhausting job.
Either way it would be fine if I was not paying storage cost, but since it did I have to get it out.

I have some suggestions for logistical management:
1.For on the logistical main page an order options, with next to units which can transport goods and products selection boxes, just like when you mass upgrade.
Than you can issue orders like this; Select a transport unit to do the job (from main asset list) > select the city which all the goods as to be send to (from main asset list options) > select all the products (from main asset list) > choose between transport/sell products.
Now the transport will automatically will create the orders to do the job for the selections you have made and starts transporting the goods to the place you have selected and starts selling it or dumping it inside

2.Disband unit group option, now you have to select them one by one to get the out of a group, or a selection box to select each unit you want to disband out of it.

3.Select all units from main asset list with check boxes to move to an location immediately/after empty cargo/after first reaching loop order, and it will cancel their current orders after that and move to the location, for maybe emergency or just logistical reasons.

4.Additional list of cities when you issue 'move to location' order, so you can see all cities names instead of scrolling down a whole list of code named places in between.

Tbh the logistical management is just to much for me now that I'm not doing it anymore, at least not for now.
0 link
Doctor Dread
Doctor Dread
Administrator

1/22/2017
Doctor Dread
Doctor Dread
Administrator
BaronOfThGalaxy wrote:
There is a lot of logistical management in this game, I have now come to a point that I can't handle the management of all my logistics without spending a lot and a lot of time configuration my assets stock in cities and transports.

For example last day the clothing industry collapsed, I have been buying lot's of clothing since than, I got several cities full stocks of clothing products, which is fine because I make a lot of profit of them, but transporting them out of the cities to the locations I want them to is an extremely exhausting job.
Either way it would be fine if I was not paying storage cost, but since it did I have to get it out.

I have some suggestions for logistical management:
1.For on the logistical main page an order options, with next to units which can transport goods and products selection boxes, just like when you mass upgrade.
Than you can issue orders like this; Select a transport unit to do the job (from main asset list) > select the city which all the goods as to be send to (from main asset list options) > select all the products (from main asset list) > choose between transport/sell products.
Now the transport will automatically will create the orders to do the job for the selections you have made and starts transporting the goods to the place you have selected and starts selling it or dumping it inside

2.Disband unit group option, now you have to select them one by one to get the out of a group, or a selection box to select each unit you want to disband out of it.

3.Select all units from main asset list with check boxes to move to an location immediately/after empty cargo/after first reaching loop order, and it will cancel their current orders after that and move to the location, for maybe emergency or just logistical reasons.

4.Additional list of cities when you issue 'move to location' order, so you can see all cities names instead of scrolling down a whole list of code named places in between.

Tbh the logistical management is just to much for me now that I'm not doing it anymore, at least not for now.

Your'e working to hard take a break =)

The UI does need some more work/features to manage all the things you are talking about. The "make a transport order" is a popular one where you click on a unit and pass in a product and two locations and it does the orders automatically. Some people "Save" an order list and then Load it onto other units and modify the entries right now.

More selection boxes or "Mass X Units" options is definitely something well work on. The games not finished yet =)
0 link
BaronOfThGalaxy
BaronOfThGalaxy

1/23/2017
BaronOfThGalaxy
BaronOfThGalaxy
Yea I should do, I'm taking it slow for now, although I like doing logistical management it's now getting to much for me to keep it all up to date and have fun it it.
I'm also using save orders and load them in, but with every modifications the page has to be refreshed, and clicking units refreshing pages etc, the refreshing of pages with every action I makes tires you out even more lol.
0 link