HomeGeneral Discussion

General topics about Barons of the Galaxy

Asset screen / server Lag Messages in this topic - RSS

Zango
Zango

2/1/2017
Zango
Zango
Since my corp has grown to lvl 10 and maxed out (inustry even 29% oc)
I have severe lag in the assets screen.

This has become an issue, since It feels like I cant complete the orders I want /need
for the turn, because the page load takes ages, sometimes not registering my clicks
correctly and switching back to default view.

Here are some measures, taken at this time (Timezone is UTC+1)

Corporate screen to assets (fully loaded): 16 seconds
fleet group from assets: 21 seconds
single building from assets: 11 seconds
corporate to viewscreen: 2 seconds (this I would assume as normal timing)

I know that fine-tuning has yet to be done, but do others with much industry/fleet experience
comparable lag ?

(No bandwith issues, since I'm on cable inet 100MBps+)
0 link
Doctor Dread
Doctor Dread
Administrator

2/1/2017
Doctor Dread
Doctor Dread
Administrator
Zangorian wrote:
Since my corp has grown to lvl 10 and maxed out (inustry even 29% oc)
I have severe lag in the assets screen.

This has become an issue, since It feels like I cant complete the orders I want /need
for the turn, because the page load takes ages, sometimes not registering my clicks
correctly and switching back to default view.

Here are some measures, taken at this time (Timezone is UTC+1)

Corporate screen to assets (fully loaded): 16 seconds
fleet group from assets: 21 seconds
single building from assets: 11 seconds
corporate to viewscreen: 2 seconds (this I would assume as normal timing)

I know that fine-tuning has yet to be done, but do others with much industry/fleet experience
comparable lag ?

(No bandwith issues, since I'm on cable inet 100MBps+)

Those are outrageous load times compared to what I'm getting. I wait a few seconds at most and my assets page in like 3 pages long. I think there is something happening on the server or the connection at certain times of day. Sometimes I have trouble connecting to the server itself and can barely move around sometimes. I have been on the site before where its taking several seconds to load a simple page. I'm not sure if the server is being slammed, its not the only site on the server, or something happening at the host. It's something I need to start tracking.

The asset page itself gets large HTML wise and becomes half a meg or more. Its something I'm going to tackle but 11 seconds? something is holding up the server and I need to start looking into it
0 link
Orexis
Orexis

2/2/2017
Orexis
Orexis
Same issues here, 10-30 seconds for assets page and even order page can be 10 to 15 seconds. Giving a ship a conplex set of orders can take 2 to 3 entire turns
0 link
Doctor Dread
Doctor Dread
Administrator

2/2/2017
Doctor Dread
Doctor Dread
Administrator
Orexis wrote:
Same issues here, 10-30 seconds for assets page and even order page can be 10 to 15 seconds. Giving a ship a conplex set of orders can take 2 to 3 entire turns

What time of day are you online at? And time zone?
0 link
Orexis
Orexis

2/2/2017
Orexis
Orexis
time zone is CST (US Central), I'm on from 7AM till 11PM Big Grin. I'm usually accessing through my phone but In the beginning not even the phone was slow. Morning 7AM to 11AM is fastest while evening 7PM to 11PM is slowest
edited by Orexis on 2/2/2017
0 link