HomeFeature Requests

Use this forum to ask for new features or suggest changes to the game.

Ideas and suggestions Messages in this topic - RSS

BaronOfThGalaxy
BaronOfThGalaxy

2/10/2017
BaronOfThGalaxy
BaronOfThGalaxy
I have here some suggestions for when the game release;

1. Decreasing the amount of loading web pages.
2. Youtube video tutorials that 'at least' cover the basics on how to play it most basic
3. Alternate UI which is simplified and has less options (simple options/advanced options)

1#.In my case the only aspect which is holding me from playing the game optimal is all the loading of the webpage, which is causing delay every time, and the more stuff you have the more delay between loading of pages, so I'm actually trying not to grow to big.
The only thing I can say about this is that I can only advice to keep the main priority of the game focused on less loading pages without disruption the main idea of the game design (if it does), any design which reduces the slightest amount of loading pages in between actions can only be considered as a good thing.
The more information on single loaded page or actions you can apply the better imo.
At this point I'm not even in the mood to do something, just growing a city and doing the least amount to keep my business goal running, I had a buffer of 6 billion which I have left bleeding to 3.6 billion just so I don't have to do anything for a while (I don't mean I planned this but a 6 billion buffer let's me able to do the least amount which is required for my business atm)

2#. Videos on Youtube which showcase (maybe with voice, not really necessarily) how to basically play the game, so for people who have difficulties understanding the UI and game options still are able to play the game on at least the basic of it if they really want to learn it but have problems with it.
So for example a couple of videos which are right from start, maybe like how to make an account etc etc, and different situations of starting points of a company, starting from scratch, exactly how someone would see it who doesn't watch a video tutorial.
And maybe some videos explaining certain activities, such as contracts, military transport, lots of option to do.
But for most important is the beginning, a total noob is still able to produce products and make profit, it will at least prevent the person being its company liquefied, no matter how small the profit is, from there on it will discover new things and explore for more abilities and things to do without really worrying.

3#. About the current UI I know it will be improved on the final release, so I can only base my suggestion on the current one atm.
For now the current UI is really intimidating, although I have some experiences with some complicated ones, this is a heavy one which took me some time as well to get around.
The idea is 2 different UI options, 1 basic, and one normal (advanced) one.
The alternate basic UI covers all the basic options, and is actually pure to get UI awareness of this game, at one point one will find the basic options to much limiting its activity and will change it to advanced, and will also be less overwhelming with option information because it has developed UI awareness on the basic level.
Or someone finds the game to complicated, and can switch to basic mode so it wont prevent them from playing the game.

For me the game and concept is really fun to me, something I have been looking for a very long time in browser games, current settings and the game workaround is working very well for it's abilities, and the dynamics are working in a appealing way.
I can only say which is basically left for release is the artwork and a redesigned UI, but the game itself has the right amount of quality to be considered proper game play (imo)
Either way I would just release the game and release a 2.0 version one year later which is updated with all the findings and new ideas of the game when it's it's heavenly populated with people during that time, and just reset it to 2.0 or alternate server while people can stay on classic version if they decide, or play them side by side.
0 link
Doctor Dread
Doctor Dread
Administrator

2/10/2017
Doctor Dread
Doctor Dread
Administrator
BaronOfThGalaxy wrote:
I have here some suggestions for when the game release;

1. Decreasing the amount of loading web pages.
2. Youtube video tutorials that 'at least' cover the basics on how to play it most basic
3. Alternate UI which is simplified and has less options (simple options/advanced options)

1#.In my case the only aspect which is holding me from playing the game optimal is all the loading of the webpage, which is causing delay every time, and the more stuff you have the more delay between loading of pages, so I'm actually trying not to grow to big.
The only thing I can say about this is that I can only advice to keep the main priority of the game focused on less loading pages without disruption the main idea of the game design (if it does), any design which reduces the slightest amount of loading pages in between actions can only be considered as a good thing.
The more information on single loaded page or actions you can apply the better imo.
At this point I'm not even in the mood to do something, just growing a city and doing the least amount to keep my business goal running, I had a buffer of 6 billion which I have left bleeding to 3.6 billion just so I don't have to do anything for a while (I don't mean I planned this but a 6 billion buffer let's me able to do the least amount which is required for my business atm)

2#. Videos on Youtube which showcase (maybe with voice, not really necessarily) how to basically play the game, so for people who have difficulties understanding the UI and game options still are able to play the game on at least the basic of it if they really want to learn it but have problems with it.
So for example a couple of videos which are right from start, maybe like how to make an account etc etc, and different situations of starting points of a company, starting from scratch, exactly how someone would see it who doesn't watch a video tutorial.
And maybe some videos explaining certain activities, such as contracts, military transport, lots of option to do.
But for most important is the beginning, a total noob is still able to produce products and make profit, it will at least prevent the person being its company liquefied, no matter how small the profit is, from there on it will discover new things and explore for more abilities and things to do without really worrying.

3#. About the current UI I know it will be improved on the final release, so I can only base my suggestion on the current one atm.
For now the current UI is really intimidating, although I have some experiences with some complicated ones, this is a heavy one which took me some time as well to get around.
The idea is 2 different UI options, 1 basic, and one normal (advanced) one.
The alternate basic UI covers all the basic options, and is actually pure to get UI awareness of this game, at one point one will find the basic options to much limiting its activity and will change it to advanced, and will also be less overwhelming with option information because it has developed UI awareness on the basic level.
Or someone finds the game to complicated, and can switch to basic mode so it wont prevent them from playing the game.

For me the game and concept is really fun to me, something I have been looking for a very long time in browser games, current settings and the game workaround is working very well for it's abilities, and the dynamics are working in a appealing way.
I can only say which is basically left for release is the artwork and a redesigned UI, but the game itself has the right amount of quality to be considered proper game play (imo)
Either way I would just release the game and release a 2.0 version one year later which is updated with all the findings and new ideas of the game when it's it's heavenly populated with people during that time, and just reset it to 2.0 or alternate server while people can stay on classic version if they decide, or play them side by side.

The UI is going to get some work don't worry. The amount of HTML it is pushing on the assets page at least has become bloated. There might also be an issue on the server that is making it take too long too respond also.

I "mobile version" of the website that has almost no graphics at all is something we want to do also

The only video is actually the Kickstarter video =) You probably wont see a tutorial video until the game launches
0 link
Vagabond820
Vagabond820

2/11/2017
Vagabond820
Vagabond820
Have you considered using a unity3d client front end?
0 link