HomeFeature Requests

Use this forum to ask for new features or suggest changes to the game.

Incoming BIG TURN un the game Messages in this topic - RSS

hellboydmc
hellboydmc

2/12/2017
hellboydmc
hellboydmc
turn number 30000 is not really close by but its gona be coming fast

Are you planning to make it something big?? Im just curious
0 link
Doctor Dread
Doctor Dread
Administrator

2/12/2017
Doctor Dread
Doctor Dread
Administrator
Danny Mayer wrote:
turn number 30000 is not really close by but its gona be coming fast

Are you planning to make it something big?? Im just curious

.... you mean like the huge even that happens once in 10,000 turns thats a 12 part universal quest that ends in either an entire planet being destroyed or new one forming?

No, but that does sound kind of cool =)

I cant really do "big rewards" in the game because of the way the system works I can't just make magical one-off items, Its not like you have an inventory of unique one-off items. The best I can do is perhaps make "Mysterious": artifacts with truly random effects and some of the effects can be "rare". I can however make various Military Units but in the end the military units are just a collection of 6 stats and there's not much room for creativity.

In a fantasy MMO I can make a flaming sword that has a variety of flame spells and occasionally hits for a fireball 10% of the time when fighting Ice Demons but goes dormant when within 10 feet of Ghosts with a cool backstory explaining that. In this game, there's only so much I can do with ship weapons and effects. And also, this isn't a "fighting game" so much as fighting is a part of the game. Even though I can make multi part story quests with a Sci Fi theme, I don't have many game mechanics to work with when it comes to rewards.

For example, it would be great to do some kind of princess rescue mission which involves some decryption, some "mini-game" when it comes to finding a location and then a "chase" and some combat which can lead to a series of different heroic characters, represented by unique scout units or something, depending on how you played out your quest. But unless I put int he mechanics for these "heroic untis" to do anything special in game like give boosts to production or boost your entire fleets military I can really implement any quests like that,.

This game was made to revolve around "politics" so most of the "effects" or rewards should revolve around things like "Faction Reputation" or "Laws" that affect entire planets. Perhaps a system where you can earn more "pull" in votes because you have X amount of reputation with the Dark Star Empire and there is an event involving them.
0 link
BaronOfThGalaxy
BaronOfThGalaxy

2/13/2017
BaronOfThGalaxy
BaronOfThGalaxy
Would be funny if there were like chances of like 1 in 10 million or so where a star system could occur a supernova or hypernova which would devour the whole star system xD
And you get like a message report of scientists discovering dangerous fluctuations in the suns activity which indicate a star explosion which could start begin after 300 turns and than could be triggered at any moment lol.

Also made up stories in the game are really really nice and adds a lot of dept for the game, as long as they are not like those npc stories like in eve online, which look like they are made by uncreative 13 year old kids, which look like situations in a common MMORPG but with space background.
I still don't even get why those pirates and stuff always talk on the same comm radio you are using, and the npc trash they talk in your chat log is really really sad and bad scripting, but eve online always has the excuse that the main game is player vs player situation, so the story rating will never suffer that way :P

Let me just give an example for fun.
*Incoming transmission#[ This is captain 'Hyper Dread' of 'ZorMor' fleet Omega of sector 700 under the territory order of 'Goursda' worlds.
*Incoming transmission#[ You have entered prohibited territory, all weapon system offline immediately, do you proceed in 15 resonds? (player decides to have the weapon systems still online after 15 seconds)
*Incoming transmission#[ Prepare the crew for the death, you are in offense with the law under article 1.10, ready for battle! ]# end transmission*

So basically to sum the story here up.

In this case, captain 'Hyper Dread' which is the leader of 'Goursda' worlds, is by some odd reasons leading the Omega (patrol fleet) it would be more logical if lower ranked beings (humans or whatever) would do those jobs, and captain 'Hyper Dread' is just sitting on his pirate throne in the capital or another secret location on some of the controlled worlds which is territory of 'Goursda'.
So basically this person "captain" 'Hyper Dread' is leading a nation, which started with pirating merchant ships with his crew for profit, bought additional warships, hijacked other warships from the suppressing empire which controlled the area "captain" 'Hyper Dread' was terrorizing, and eventually moved with his fleet big enough to colonize distant worlds, and eventually grew into a nation. (just background which the player maybe never see)
Than the player enters the custom made up story place, and will receive those transmissions, and than he probably manage to escape with some heavenly damaged ships or ship according to the custom story script.
The player only get 3 transmissions with some information and text and might never know what's all behind it, but in the end it makes sense according to what is happening.

What could go wrong with this? naming him 'Hyper Dread Beard', make him say AAAYYY like a pirate, and make him talk in a Scottish accent, why the fck would he have a dirty beard? why does he say AY and why is he from Scotland?
There is no Scotland in space (on earth yes, but you get what I mean lol), It's not the year 1700AD on planet earth sea with a dirty stinking sea beard because hygiene is not a must at those times, and saying AAYYY and make it talk like a stereotype.

This is happening in space and space era, you can assume they sound way more professional, even in these days there are pirates, they don't have beards, they don't have a scottish accent, and don't scream AAAYY, they come with AK weapons boarding your ship and take it over, business as usual.
And in space there are different rules on how pirates operate, where they come from, what they do and how they do it.
I don't say this is how they are, but one thing I'm sure about, they are not bearded scottish man screaming AAAYYY CAPTAIN.

Eventually captain 'Hyper Dread' just grew his force into a nation, by default in the galaxy, which were planets empty of population, or they took by force or whatever, (silly fact; the offspring of captain 'Hyper Dread' will just be emperor, and maybe after 1 generation it isn't even considered a pirate nation anymore but just a regular empire, like on earth many countries and nations started with barbarians/pirates)

Also nothing wrong with 13 year old kids creating stories, but not uncreative 13 year old kids which are their own quality department at the same time.
I can also see people who are working on this game, have like me also played at least eve online in the past, but just look at those npc made up stories in EVE, enemies 'literarily' talking like trash kids on the radio comm, the enemies don't value their lives (not realistic, not all have clones), why are you able to hear all the comms on your chatlog of the enemy in the first place, and why are they children flying war ships. Feels like when I was 8 when I was playing with my military toys I created fantasy war stories and I could hear everything what the enemy was saying and my own forces, because it was all playing in my mind in the first place LOL.

Just to say stories are really nice and add much dept into a game, but could work the other way around as well if it's done without any effort.
I know there are many many many people who create great storylines and great artwork, but don't have jobs in it, only working on their portfolio and doing small tasks now and than, and than you look at common days games like most MMO, and MMORPG their quest scripts, it's so sad lol.
0 link
Doctor Dread
Doctor Dread
Administrator

2/13/2017
Doctor Dread
Doctor Dread
Administrator
Scripted stories are not that easy to make and still sound interesting but that does sound pretty bad =)

Isn't Eve online out of Europe or Germany or something? Maybe they aren't translating it correctly.

The stories on here would have to be a little more abstract and wider scope. Like political events that go through a few different stages with 100-200 turns in between. Could be voting for choices of political leaders but then an "Action" combat stage with the of which might kill off or add another character to the mix to vote for. Then an opportunity to assassinate or destroy the building or ship the particular leader is in
0 link
BaronOfThGalaxy
BaronOfThGalaxy

2/13/2017
BaronOfThGalaxy
BaronOfThGalaxy
The scripted story concept I mentioned there was just an example what was used in EVE online.
I can't even see how that would work here properly, but to mention stories or made events which are created without really any effort, no logic etc, which are these days a lot of games (MMO, MMORPG's) because none raises standards.
The game developers are even aware of how boring and immature their story lines are where they able you to instantly go max level to skip the whole stories and go endgame pvp LOL
0 link