HomeGeneral Discussion

General topics about Barons of the Galaxy

Transporters with cargo into Hangar. Messages in this topic - RSS

JasonDinAlt
JasonDinAlt

2/15/2017
JasonDinAlt
JasonDinAlt
Seems I cannot load transporters with cargo onto Carrier. Is this how it was designed? Or some bug?
0 link
JasonDinAlt
JasonDinAlt

2/15/2017
JasonDinAlt
JasonDinAlt
Also loading groups of units would be nice.
0 link
Doctor Dread
Doctor Dread
Administrator

2/15/2017
Doctor Dread
Doctor Dread
Administrator
No you cannot load , transports with cargo on them that is by design.

Loading a group of units? Like it loads all the "loadable" units from that group if it can?
0 link
JasonDinAlt
JasonDinAlt

2/16/2017
JasonDinAlt
JasonDinAlt
That's OK.

Yes, that will be perfect scenario. But I think it will also work if only "right" group is loaded. Right I mean no cargo and no updates. Then it will be nice it it will keep group after unloading too.

I do have few fighters I'm keeping in fleet, as well as ground units in groups for easy movement. When I was in need to move it to another planet I must disassemble my groups/fleets and then add them to cargo, then on other planet unload and group it again and move. It was painful process to set orders for every single unit.
0 link
Doctor Dread
Doctor Dread
Administrator

2/16/2017
Doctor Dread
Doctor Dread
Administrator
JasonDinAlt wrote:
That's OK.

Yes, that will be perfect scenario. But I think it will also work if only "right" group is loaded. Right I mean no cargo and no updates. Then it will be nice it it will keep group after unloading too.

I do have few fighters I'm keeping in fleet, as well as ground units in groups for easy movement. When I was in need to move it to another planet I must disassemble my groups/fleets and then add them to cargo, then on other planet unload and group it again and move. It was painful process to set orders for every single unit.

... I haven't checked but you can't "Load" fighters onto aa group that has hangar capacity? Once a carrier is in a group , the Group has hangar capacity and al fighters are actually part of the group not the carriers anymore.

Flleet, not group actually
edited by DrDread on 2/16/2017
0 link
JasonDinAlt
JasonDinAlt

2/17/2017
JasonDinAlt
JasonDinAlt
Doctor Dread wrote:

... I haven't checked but you can't "Load" fighters onto aa group that has hangar capacity? Once a carrier is in a group , the Group has hangar capacity and al fighters are actually part of the group not the carriers anymore.

I think I overcomplicated it smile I do want to load Fighters fleet into Carrier hangar. Then unload it on it's destination still as a group. For now I need to dissemble fleet load all fighters onto Carrier, unload it and then recreate fleet.
0 link
Doctor Dread
Doctor Dread
Administrator

2/17/2017
Doctor Dread
Doctor Dread
Administrator
JasonDinAlt wrote:
Doctor Dread wrote:

I think I overcomplicated it smile I do want to load Fighters fleet into Carrier hangar. Then unload it on it's destination still as a group. For now I need to dissemble fleet load all fighters onto Carrier, unload it and then recreate fleet.

I see what you're saying. You want to keep the fighters attached to the carrier even though it goes into and then out of a fleet. It might be possible for the fleet to "try" to keep the same fighters on the same carriers when the carriers leave fleet, or at least its the default units you pick when the carrier leaves the fleet.

It still asks you which fighters to take with you when you have a carrier leave a fleet doesn't it?
0 link
Orexis
Orexis

2/18/2017
Orexis
Orexis
Last I checked it does, so you just click the fighters you want to go with the carrier and they go with it
0 link
JasonDinAlt
JasonDinAlt

2/20/2017
JasonDinAlt
JasonDinAlt

I see what you're saying. You want to keep the fighters attached to the carrier even though it goes into and then out of a fleet. It might be possible for the fleet to "try" to keep the same fighters on the same carriers when the carriers leave fleet, or at least its the default units you pick when the carrier leaves the fleet.

It still asks you which fighters to take with you when you have a carrier leave a fleet doesn't it?

Now I'm confused Big Grin Carrier is not in fleet. Fighters are. I do want to load fleet of fighters into carrier, and then unload as fleet.
0 link
Orexis
Orexis

2/20/2017
Orexis
Orexis
Ahh, you mean groups of units or "armies" rather than "fleets". You want to be able to have, say 5 transporters, grouped up and then be able to load and unload that single group into a carrier. That way those 5 always stay together. That would be a good feature to add, yes
0 link
Doctor Dread
Doctor Dread
Administrator

2/20/2017
Doctor Dread
Doctor Dread
Administrator
You want to "Load" a "Group" of fighters onto a carrier and then Unload that Group.

My heard hurts trying to think of how to handle that in the current code and UI. I don't think its going to happen anytime soon =)
0 link