HomeNews and Announcements

Official news and announcements from the game.

Beta Test Reset is coming in April 2017 Messages in this topic - RSS

Doctor Dread
Doctor Dread
Administrator

3/12/2017
Doctor Dread
Doctor Dread
Administrator
We re planning to reset the Beta Test game On April 1st (no that's not an April fools joke!) with major changes to the game. Hopefully after a month of this new beta we can begin to go Live.

The Galaxy will be reset and everyone is going to start fresh. As promised in the original Beta Test, whoever has backed the project through Kickstarter, or paid through PayPal afterwards, will get their bonuses again when the Beta restarts.

The major change is going to be that only Earth, not all of Sol, is going to be the "Safe-er Zone". Only Paid accounts will be able to move their Corp HQs off of Earth and all the cities inside of Earth will be protected by the Terran Fed. The other 9 planets will be treated no different than another solar system. Free accounts can still build anywhere they like but their Corp HQ is confined to Earth. Pretty much replace "Sol" with "Earth" when it comes to any mechanics that involved Sol.

Free Accounts will not be able to vote in any event anymore. That includes elections. And they cannot be candidates as before. This and the Corp HQ restriction will be the only significant limitations of a Free account. Free Account will probably not be able to do things like Upload images or get email notifications when those features eventually get put in.
We are working on Asteroid Mining as a new feature and a couple more quests involving the Other factions. You may see those in the next week or two.
0 link
ChaChaCharms
ChaChaCharms

3/29/2017
ChaChaCharms
ChaChaCharms
Will we have a full list of items currently in the process of being integrated vs items that have been scrapped? Such as units will have upkeep halved when no order is given, jumpgates/highways to other systems, etc?

--
Never trust anything that can think for itself if you can’t see where it keeps its brain..
0 link
Doctor Dread
Doctor Dread
Administrator

3/29/2017
Doctor Dread
Doctor Dread
Administrator
The only major thing that is changing over the reset itself is the "contraction" of the "Free Zone" from all of Sol to just Earth, You start on Earth, Earth is where you have to keep your Free Account Corp HQ and only Earth has persistent cities controlled by Terran Fed.

That and the resources across the entire game, especialy Earth, is pretty much being halved in quantity and lowered in values across the board. value 10 to 12 at the highest on earth. Most resources type counts are 10 or less except Pasture and Fields at 18 each There are also only going to be 25 cities on Earth now not 40. The other planets were halved also and the high end values are capping at 18. You might see them higher outside of sol. Its rare but it can stack multiple times during random resource generation and end up in the 20s randomly

Those changes neccesitate a reset. The other things you mention like less upkeep for no orders on units and Jump gates can be added without disrupting the game. I imagine that in the month of April after the reset we will do some tweaks like that, maybe some Unit balancing, but no more major game features, thats it =)

The payment system will be worked on, Free account limitations will start to go into place.No image uploads, and comms system messages to email should go in for paid accounts. Ways to cancel your account entirely and change your email etc. THere are some events I want to get in there next month also.
0 link
ChaChaCharms
ChaChaCharms

3/29/2017
ChaChaCharms
ChaChaCharms
Thanks! Looking forward to a fresh start.. with all the changes being implemented I didn't really have enough time to restructure my corp from my initial blueprint. Hope to be able to help out this time around smile

--
Never trust anything that can think for itself if you can’t see where it keeps its brain..
0 link
jimbobdaz
jimbobdaz

3/31/2017
jimbobdaz
jimbobdaz
Looking forward to it as well, will our logins stay or will we need to register again?
0 link
Doctor Dread
Doctor Dread
Administrator

4/1/2017
Doctor Dread
Doctor Dread
Administrator
You wont need to register again. Your bonuses should get applied when you make your new corporation.

I'm working on the reset right now it's taking longer than expected. Hopefully I can restart it later this evening. At worst it will be reset tomorrow (Sunday, April 2nd)
0 link