HomeFeature Requests

Use this forum to ask for new features or suggest changes to the game.

Combat guide needs clarification Messages in this topic - RSS

cyb0rg
cyb0rg

4/6/2017
cyb0rg
cyb0rg
The charts are not self explanatory. What do the numbers mean?
0 link
Doctor Dread
Doctor Dread
Administrator

4/6/2017
Doctor Dread
Doctor Dread
Administrator
The combat chart shows how much damage one unit will hit the other for. The units down the left side are the attacker. Illupdate the guide sometime soon
0 link
Vulpex
Vulpex

4/6/2017
Vulpex
Vulpex
A couple of examples would be enough to make the charts more user friendly.

Like you said... lots of ships :p
0 link
Hutton
Hutton

4/21/2017
Hutton
Hutton
Is Power an abstract representation of overall usefulness, or does it figure into the math? Like, do you multiply the value on the chart by Power to get damage? I assumed that was how it worked, but when I went back to the guide make sure it doesn't say so explicitly. I just inferred that's how it works from the explanation of the AtkX value for special units.
0 link
Doctor Dread
Doctor Dread
Administrator

4/21/2017
Doctor Dread
Doctor Dread
Administrator
Power is just a arbitrary number that represents how powerful it is. Its summed up in battle sto gie a general idea of the size and power of the forces It doesnt work into the math for combat. It is currently being used to determine how good your unit can mine asteroids and how much product it can Raid for though. Its why freighters suck at mining asteroids, and frigates are probably the most bang for the buck when it comes to power and cargo. Mechanized and Corvettes are probably the best for raiding becaue they have a lot o "power" for the money
0 link
Hutton
Hutton

4/21/2017
Hutton
Hutton
Cool. And it feels right that Mechanized should make the best raiders. I guess the same goes for Frigates and Corvettes.
0 link
cyb0rg
cyb0rg

4/21/2017
cyb0rg
cyb0rg
I like the charts that are shown when you look at a unit in-game. Maybe a page showing all of them would be easier to read than a huge chart of numbers?
0 link
Doctor Dread
Doctor Dread
Administrator

4/21/2017
Doctor Dread
Doctor Dread
Administrator
cyb0rg wrote:
I like the charts that are shown when you look at a unit in-game. Maybe a page showing all of them would be easier to read than a huge chart of numbers?

I agree. I want to make a page in the guide of all the units which will look like the in game stats next to that chart from the More Info tab, PLUS another set of bars below that show how much damage that unit TAKES from the diffeent unit types.
+1 link