General topics about Barons of the Galaxy

Social classes? Messages in this topic - RSS

Hutton
Hutton

4/9/2017
Hutton
Hutton
What do they do?

I see demand for different products effects the growth of social classes differently. Do social classes in turn effect demand for the same products?

Is the game keeping track of the absolute population of each social class, or does it track the classes only as a ratios to each other?
0 link
Doctor Dread
Doctor Dread
Administrator

4/10/2017
Doctor Dread
Doctor Dread
Administrator
When the demand for a product is low, under 200% it causes population growth. At 100% its 5% growth. At 1% its 10% I think. Over 200% causes increasing decline. That is averaged across all the product types in a city. However there is not a single population, there are 9 classes. Some product split up the growth equally like water, but most products affect the growth or decline of the different populations differently. Hi end Products affect the Higher population classes, Supercars and Personal Aircraft. for example. Wether that product is at 1000 or 50 it doesn't affect the low populations at all.
0 link
Hutton
Hutton

4/10/2017
Hutton
Hutton
I got that separate products effect the growth of each social class differently, but what is the significance of those social classes? What makes a city with a high proportion of upper class citizens different from a city with a high proportion of lower class citizens?
0 link
Doctor Dread
Doctor Dread
Administrator

4/10/2017
Doctor Dread
Doctor Dread
Administrator
Hutton wrote:
I got that separate products effect the growth of each social class differently, but what is the significance of those social classes? What makes a city with a high proportion of upper class citizens different from a city with a high proportion of lower class citizens?

The volume of the products are also influenced by these variations. Thats why all the products have differentiating volumes attached to them. If you want to sell Supercars, you'll find a larger volume on a city with a lot of high class population.

There will some events that are influenced by them also.
0 link
Hutton
Hutton

4/11/2017
Hutton
Hutton
Got it. It seems like a metric that is ripe to have additional features hung on it later as the game matures. I would be great see mayors-or corps seeking to challenge them-incentivized to push class demographics one way or the other.
0 link