HomeDevelopment Log

Check this forum to see the progress of the game development

Payment System Is Being Tested Messages in this topic - RSS

Doctor Dread
Doctor Dread
Administrator
Posts: 1397


4/16/2017
Doctor Dread
Doctor Dread
Administrator
Posts: 1397
We spent this week working on the Payment system which is now fully implemented BUT its still in testing so no normal players can use it. You can however see a change in your Profile page which shows any transactions that have been applied to your account. Any founders will probably see one line in there which is missing most of the information. Those were forced in weeks ago before a system was in place.

The only online bank we're supporting at the moment is PayPal but we do plan to look into at least one more, probably WebMoney so we can to cover a lot more European countries.

The rewards for Accelerated starts were bumped a bit when it came to subscription time. Also, the current rule on Accelerated Starts makes it so you can't purchase one if your Corporation has hit level 3, has 50 million credits or has been active for 30 days or more. Prob should change that to 50 mil net worth.... We're currently making the accelerated starts, all of them, available at launch. We originally planned on opening them up as normal players got up to those levels however there are now at least a couple of dozen founders starting with huge money on day one. The Accelerated starts cost more and give less than the kickstarter rewards did.

We're no longer *fully* confident about launching next month. Our artist is taking longer than expected on our units. We're looking for an additional artist to pick up some of the remaining units. At worst we might launch with a few images short. We don't want to drag it out much longer in any event.

UPDATE: I appologize, Founders are NOT getting starting money on day one, only increased level. I had a barin fart. The accelerated starts will be held back unitil players net worth get to those levels.
edited by DrDread on 4/17/2017
edited by DrDread on 4/17/2017
0 link
Zip555
Zip555
Posts: 66


4/17/2017
Zip555
Zip555
Posts: 66
"founders starting with huge money on day one"
What?

The kickstarter page says founders get money for Beta tests, no mention of any money on the real server
for example
Open Beta Test bonuses: Paid Account Status, +5 Corp HQ Level. +200mil credits.


3 years of paid subscription and start with Corp HQ Level 6 when the live game launches.

So founder gets big HQ and subscription, but $ was only for Beta

Images are not worth waitind for, just add them when ready
edited by Zip555 on 4/17/2017
edited by Zip555 on 4/17/2017
edited by Zip555 on 4/17/2017
0 link
Doctor Dread
Doctor Dread
Administrator
Posts: 1397


4/17/2017
Doctor Dread
Doctor Dread
Administrator
Posts: 1397
Zip555 wrote:
"founders starting with huge money on day one"
What?

The kickstarter page says founders get money for Beta tests, no mention of any money on the real server
for example
Open Beta Test bonuses: Paid Account Status, +5 Corp HQ Level. +200mil credits.


3 years of paid subscription and start with Corp HQ Level 6 when the live game launches.

So founder gets big HQ and subscription, but $ was only for Beta

Images are not worth waitind for, just add them when ready
edited by Zip555 on 4/17/2017
edited by Zip555 on 4/17/2017
edited by Zip555 on 4/17/2017


.... I appoligize, you're right. Founders are not getting cash on day one. Only the increased level. Someone said something about founders starting money in the live game a while back and it got stuck in my head. I need more sleep =)

The accelerated starts will probably be held back then as planned. We'll wiat until net worth of some players hit the accelerated start numbers before opening them up.
0 link
Zip555
Zip555
Posts: 66


4/17/2017
Zip555
Zip555
Posts: 66
Glad to hear it.

The Quick start with $500 mil in it seems a bit much, if you were thinking founders had lots of cash, then I can understand.
If the third option was $80 and gave $200mil I would be much happier

The net worth of a founder with Corp10 is 250mil, so will the first 2 options be available immediatly?
0 link
Doctor Dread
Doctor Dread
Administrator
Posts: 1397


4/17/2017
Doctor Dread
Doctor Dread
Administrator
Posts: 1397
Zip555 wrote:
Glad to hear it.

The Quick start with $500 mil in it seems a bit much, if you were thinking founders had lots of cash, then I can understand.
If the third option was $80 and gave $200mil I would be much happier

The net worth of a founder with Corp10 is 250mil, so will the first 2 options be available immediatly?


Another good point, I didn't consider the Corp HQ itself. The one thing you are given as a founder that is worth a ton of money already, even though you can't salvage it. .
I can't really go by credits because most people wont be sitting on 50 million in credit even though they are worth a 5 billion.

I suppose I wil have to look for corporations Net worth MINUS the Corp HQ. So when we see Corporations at Net worth - Corp HQ exceeding 50mil, 200mill, 500mil (whatever the credit boosts are) then we'll open up those accelerated options. At best an accelerated start will put you on the map where your net worth is no bigger than the top player in the game who is worth 50 mill + Corp HQ for the first option.

I'm not sure but I think a new player can be worth 50 million in a month? Probably weeks. The founders still have advantage by this mechanic.
0 link
Vulpex
Vulpex
Posts: 389


4/17/2017
Vulpex
Vulpex
Posts: 389
One thing - I'm fine with the fact that founders simply get the great advantage that a lvl 10 HQ provides (that was always the dea!) but you might want to tone down NPC attacks early on - even with what amounts to essentially limitless cash it's not easy handling some of the threats that are being generated in this beta, without the cash we'd all be wacked to death and back by the machines at this point.

Final thought - it actually makes sense to simply not include the value of the corp HQ at all in any net worth calculations as this is something that is always always stable once accrued and can never be directly monitized or salvaged. Even if you liquidate the whole corp you still keep your HQ level whatever it might be.
0 link
Doctor Dread
Doctor Dread
Administrator
Posts: 1397


4/17/2017
Doctor Dread
Doctor Dread
Administrator
Posts: 1397
Vulpex wrote:
One thing - I'm fine with the fact that founders simply get the great advantage that a lvl 10 HQ provides (that was always the dea!) but you might want to tone down NPC attacks early on - even with what amounts to essentially limitless cash it's not easy handling some of the threats that are being generated in this beta, without the cash we'd all be wacked to death and back by the machines at this point.

Final thought - it actually makes sense to simply not include the value of the corp HQ at all in any net worth calculations as this is something that is always always stable once accrued and can never be directly monitized or salvaged. Even if you liquidate the whole corp you still keep your HQ level whatever it might be.

The Hostile events needs to scale lower with lower populations. Like less ships.
0 link
John
John
Posts: 67


4/19/2017
John
John
Posts: 67
Doctor Dread wrote:
Vulpex wrote:
One thing - I'm fine with the fact that founders simply get the great advantage that a lvl 10 HQ provides (that was always the dea!) but you might want to tone down NPC attacks early on - even with what amounts to essentially limitless cash it's not easy handling some of the threats that are being generated in this beta, without the cash we'd all be wacked to death and back by the machines at this point.

Final thought - it actually makes sense to simply not include the value of the corp HQ at all in any net worth calculations as this is something that is always always stable once accrued and can never be directly monitized or salvaged. Even if you liquidate the whole corp you still keep your HQ level whatever it might be.

The Hostile events needs to scale lower with lower populations. Like less ships.


Agreed, but even just a single level 1 machine mothership alone would turn earth into a wasteland if we didn't have our bajillions of credits early-on. Even with every single player helping with perfect teamwork, I highly doubt a bunch of infantry/commandos/armored along with supporting corvettes and destroyers are going to win the day. (Raiders we might be able to handle since they don't spawn in with a super monolith base unit every time.)

PS: Now that I think about it, the mothership doesn't actually attack, so I suppose if the machines just used drones and maybe a single cruiser... we could hold out 500 turns for the mothership to despawn.
edited by Valhalla on 4/19/2017


--
Walk the true path, or be trampled beneath it.
0 link






Powered by Jitbit Forum 8.3.8.0 © 2006-2013 Jitbit Software