HomeFeature Requests

Use this forum to ask for new features or suggest changes to the game.

Units construction Messages in this topic - RSS

xtlson
xtlson

4/23/2017
xtlson
xtlson
Is there a reason to build units one at the time? If we have the money, why do we need to wait so many hours before the construction even begins?
0 link
Vulpex
Vulpex

4/23/2017
Vulpex
Vulpex
Short answer - each shipyard and or base has the capacity to build one unit at a time. As each shipyard or base represents a single production line, units are manufactured one at time.

Long answer - it can be very game breaking to do it in any other way. Just build a base somewhere and bling build up 20 or 30 units in a few turns to overrun a planet or rapidly put up defenses to stop an incoming fleet which throw logistics and preparations completely out of whack. It gives balance and favours long term planning but also makes war a little more predictable. If I could simply suddenly decide to build 10 Monoliths then at this stage I could burn and pillage and no one could stop me. (And yes, I have the funds to build 10 monoliths).
0 link
Doctor Dread
Doctor Dread
Administrator

4/23/2017
Doctor Dread
Doctor Dread
Administrator
Higher level shipyard and bases build the units much faster. A level 5 base will make a level 5 unit as fast as a level 1 unit normally. A level 10 can bring out a level 10 100x stack of transports in 20 turns for example.

Shipyards open up new unit types until level 5 then from 5 to 10 it cuts all the construction time in half
0 link
John
John

4/23/2017
John
John
Vulpex wrote:
(And yes, I have the funds to build 10 monoliths).

--
Walk the true path, or be trampled beneath it.
0 link
Vulpex
Vulpex

4/24/2017
Vulpex
Vulpex
Exactly Valhalla - I enjoy it while it lasts! Amazing how much money gets burned just maintaining a monolith in working order.
0 link
John
John

4/24/2017
John
John
Oh, I know it. I have only a little less upkeep than you if your at 1mil, I'm at 700+ and soon to add another 125k with another dread finishing today.
edited by Valhalla on 4/24/2017

--
Walk the true path, or be trampled beneath it.
0 link
Doctor Dread
Doctor Dread
Administrator

4/24/2017
Doctor Dread
Doctor Dread
Administrator
Cant wait to get Orbital Structures in place. You guys will be broke in a week =)
0 link