HomeGeneral Discussion

General topics about Barons of the Galaxy

Missing (A1) Geotechnical... Messages in this topic - RSS

davegwyther
davegwyther

4/25/2017
davegwyther
davegwyther
I have now deployed 2 (A1) Geotechnicals at Cape Town but have seen no effects. I have had no messages to say they have been deployed, but they have now both disappeared from my assets menu. Am I doing something wrong?
0 link
Hutton
Hutton

4/26/2017
Hutton
Hutton
The stated effect is 5% growth (or decay) in population over the next 100 turns. I deployed a couple in one city and the only way I was able to observe the effect was that that city got a little higher on the list of cities ordered by population.
0 link
Vulpex
Vulpex

4/26/2017
Vulpex
Vulpex
Yes, but you should be getting a message (AS an event) that the event has taken place - in fact yes there it is - event ID 1699 - Geo booster deployed in cape town (currently active - ends turn 3530) your other deployment was event ID 1650 so yes you have successfully deployed two geo boosters in your city.

Congrats!

(active events will also be visible in the city overview screen under the viewscreen tab)
0 link
Doctor Dread
Doctor Dread
Administrator

4/26/2017
Doctor Dread
Doctor Dread
Administrator
Perhaps a direct message to the deplorer linked to the event to give more feedback that it has fired
0 link
John
John

4/26/2017
John
John
I am unable to deploy A1 Geotechnicals "AT ALL" tried 12 different ways on Rio, they fail every time, are not consumed, are not deployed, do not give a bonus. 100% broken for me.

--
Walk the true path, or be trampled beneath it.
0 link
Doctor Dread
Doctor Dread
Administrator

4/26/2017
Doctor Dread
Doctor Dread
Administrator
Valhalla wrote:
I am unable to deploy A1 Geotechnicals "AT ALL" tried 12 different ways on Rio, they fail every time, are not consumed, are not deployed, do not give a bonus. 100% broken for me.

Take a look at that transports Display Logs for the last... 20 turns or so =)

Theres already a GeoBooster effect happening in Rio. Might have been your first one. They don't stack.

I really should make a comms message on Deployment to tell you that it did or didn't go off and why
0 link
John
John

4/26/2017
John
John
That is bizzare, I haven't deployed any yet. And the system wide one was WELL OVER 100 turns ago. (It was 4-5 days ago.) And there hasn't been any geobooster announcement since then.

You may want to check the code that announces when geoboosters are used.

--
0 link
John
John

4/26/2017
John
John
Uh oh... It's worse than a missing announcement, the event log says "I" deployed a geotechnical previously. I did not, I've only ever had this single one produced and used in my transport.

Seems you've got bigger issues, my geo is being used to boost but not consuming it.

To help you track this bug down, I first tried to deploy the A1 geotechnical out of my warp freighter above the city, when I saw it wasn't consumed I tried unloading it then deploying it, then finally loading it into the transport to try and deploy it. It's possible the bug was from deploying it via warp freighter?
edited by Valhalla on 4/26/2017

--
0 link
Doctor Dread
Doctor Dread
Administrator

4/26/2017
Doctor Dread
Doctor Dread
Administrator
Valhalla wrote:
Uh oh... It's worse than a missing announcement, the event log says "I" deployed a geotechnical previously. I did not, I've only ever had this single one produced and used in my transport.

Seems you've got bigger issues, my geo is being used to boost but not consuming it.

To help you track this bug down, I first tried to deploy the A1 geotechnical out of my warp freighter above the city, when I saw it wasn't consumed I tried unloading it then deploying it, then finally loading it into the transport to try and deploy it. It's possible the bug was from deploying it via warp freighter?
edited by Valhalla on 4/26/2017

I'm not able to make the deployment NOT consume the artifact. Can you make it happen reliably?
0 link
John
John

4/29/2017
John
John
Sorry for the late reply, I was unable to reproduce it, I did it exactly how I did it last time but in houston this time and it consumed it this time. I have no idea how I bugged it the first time. The only thing I can think of was that I somehow had a stack of two of them instead of just one in my transport. Given how insane my research output is and how little is needed to make a A1, it's possible.

--
0 link