High Tier Product values have been increased Messages in this topic - RSS

Doctor Dread
Doctor Dread
Administrator

4/30/2017
Doctor Dread
Doctor Dread
Administrator
We just pushed an update that increased the value of the higher tier components significantly. After literally 6 months of beta testing it has become apparent that manufacturing components and then manufacturing end products is not worth the investment. Someone pointed out a while back that you will be losing money if you buy components to make end products directly and it shouldn't be that way. The higher tier products are only viable if the price of the lower ones have all gone very low. The stats that show how much production there is on resources and not much else proves that.

So we made a significant shift in product values making them 1.5x to 2x what they were before

Components have gone from 250 to 325
End products have gone from 500 to 750
Services have gone from 500 to 1000

Assuming you don't even have any tech or corp HQ You can now make a slim profit buying (assuming 100% demand) 10 resources at 2000 credits plus 1000 credits to run the factory and sell 10 components worth 3250 credits

You can also "break even" by buying 10 components at 6500 plus 1000 to make 10 end products worth 7500.

10 qty of Services are actually worth 1000 credits and can be profitable by anyone immediately but services are much more restrictive being tied to a single city

If you have tech and a corp HQ you can be profitable simply buying the components you need and running a higher tier factory.

I know this was a sudden shift in the last week before going live but hopefully it works out well.
0 link
John
John

4/30/2017
John
John
Woot, building churches just became viable income for me, I really disliked that services were the same profit as end products, except they were a logistical nightmare to produce and sell because they auto-sell where they are produced, unlike end products which you can make in one single locations then sell them anywhere.

Good changes all-around. smile

--
Walk the true path, or be trampled beneath it.
0 link
Vulpex
Vulpex

5/1/2017
Vulpex
Vulpex
Huzzah! I see a viable economy at the end of the tunnel!
0 link