HomeFeature Requests

Use this forum to ask for new features or suggest changes to the game.

Barter contract Messages in this topic - RSS

badmaw
badmaw

5/4/2017
badmaw
badmaw
I think it would be a great idea to have a barter contract next to the buy and sell ones.

Money is money, easy come easy go, but a great exchange will be of products. Two quantities should be specified and maybe an amount of money too in case the quantities are not equivalent.
0 link
Doctor Dread
Doctor Dread
Administrator

5/4/2017
Doctor Dread
Doctor Dread
Administrator
badmaw wrote:
I think it would be a great idea to have a barter contract next to the buy and sell ones.

Money is money, easy come easy go, but a great exchange will be of products. Two quantities should be specified and maybe an amount of money too in case the quantities are not equivalent.

I might be able to pull off "I'm trading 100 basic metal for 200 basic minerals" It would have to be something on delivery though. Like you accept and when you drop your 200 minerals in the same location as the 100 basic metal. They switch ownership. I don't see an easy way for the other corp to select a standing stack of his product as an offer with any existing mechanic in the interface but delivery is already there. I would also have to track multiple shipments on a big trade.... headache incoming already =)

You can pull this off right now by you both making a separate trade contracts for the other goods at zero cost but with a non delivery penalty.
0 link
badmaw
badmaw

5/5/2017
badmaw
badmaw
100 basics metal should be 100 basic minerals but sure more flexible is better. When I said different quantities I was thinking at 100 basic metals for 40 advanced polymer. Maybe you can suggest the fair quantity.

It doesn't have to be a headache. If both players has the quantities, just switch owners for both products. If not, do nothing. They'll pick up and transport at their own pace.

It could be a problem right now if a player accepts only the favorable contract. Then the other would be forced to comply but this one not. Of course, in our world nobody would do that, especially when you can raid someone and don't bother with a contract.
0 link
Zip555
Zip555

5/5/2017
Zip555
Zip555
No need to allpw multiple shipments, 1 per contract is enough
Will be very useful for trading Mysterious units which are not easily valued.
0 link