HomeGeneral Discussion

General topics about Barons of the Galaxy

Stuck turns and election terms? Messages in this topic - RSS

Hutton
Hutton

5/8/2017
Hutton
Hutton
We were stuck for around twelve hours from last night through today. Does that push elections back twelve hours, or are they triggered on a real world timer?
0 link
badmaw
badmaw

5/8/2017
badmaw
badmaw
The game doesn't know about "real" world.
0 link
FuriousGeorge
FuriousGeorge

5/8/2017
FuriousGeorge
FuriousGeorge
Hutton,

I believe they are frozen with the current turn.
0 link
Doctor Dread
Doctor Dread
Administrator

5/8/2017
Doctor Dread
Doctor Dread
Administrator
badmaw wrote:
The game doesn't know about "real" world.

Technically true =)
Everything goes by the game turns. If there is any error the game rolls back that turn and complains to a log file. Constantly making changes to the turn flip its inevitable you miss something that didn't show up on the development box
0 link
Hutton
Hutton

5/8/2017
Hutton
Hutton
So, for example, last week the election for Emperor was called for on Tuesday morning at 8:50 AM. This week we won't be seeing it until called for until Tuesday evening or Wednesday morning, depending on how many snags the turn flip ran into over the week.

Now that I think about it, there were no Municipal elections on Earth last Friday. Were there so many hung turns that we haven't gotten to last weeks city elections?
0 link
Doctor Dread
Doctor Dread
Administrator

5/8/2017
Doctor Dread
Doctor Dread
Administrator
Hutton wrote:
So, for example, last week the election for Emperor was called for on Tuesday morning at 8:50 AM. This week we won't be seeing it until called for until Tuesday evening or Wednesday morning, depending on how many snags the turn flip ran into over the week.

Now that I think about it, there were no Municipal elections on Earth last Friday. Were there so many hung turns that we haven't gotten to last weeks city elections?

I think elections get checked every 100 turns. Corps can relocate or be destroyed so it doesn't happen instantly on every turn
0 link
Hutton
Hutton

5/8/2017
Hutton
Hutton
That response is all kinds of confusing. The guide says elections are weekly, which I think they were in the begining of this beta round. 100 turns would mean an election every 16 hours an 40 minutes, I think. And if corps moving and getting destroyed have some bearing on the timing of elections, please elaborate because I don't believe that has been explained anywhere else.
0 link
Doctor Dread
Doctor Dread
Administrator

5/8/2017
Doctor Dread
Doctor Dread
Administrator
Hutton wrote:
That response is all kinds of confusing. The guide says elections are weekly, which I think they were in the begining of this beta round. 100 turns would mean an election every 16 hours an 40 minutes, I think. And if corps moving and getting destroyed have some bearing on the timing of elections, please elaborate because I don't believe that has been explained anywhere else.

Sorry, the CHECK for IF ELECTION IS NEEDED only happens once every 100 turns. Elections are normally held once every 1000 turns. Once someone is elected, another election ont happen for that same spot until 1000 turns later BUT that ruler can move his CorpHQ or it can be destroyed etc. New cities could have come up and hit 500 industry. The current ruler of a city, can be elected to ANOTHER city also, immediately losing his current title for the new one.The election event checks all cities, planets and systems if any new elections are needed every 100 turns
0 link
Hutton
Hutton

5/9/2017
Hutton
Hutton
Okay, got it. Sort of...

Elections are every 1000 turns, and every 100 turns the game checks to see if it has been 1000 turns or more since an election for ever city, planet and star.

My understanding from previous comments was that if a corp leaves office the office will stay vacant until the next scheduled election. Now you're saying ellections happen once every 1000 turns except that corps can move or get destroyed. But I'm not clear what the exception is. How is the 1000 turn rule affected by corps moving or getting destroyed?

I suspect there isn't an exception and you were just reiterating that an office can become vacant, but I want to make sure I understand this part.
0 link
badmaw
badmaw

5/9/2017
badmaw
badmaw
I think I get it.

So every 100 rounds the game checks if the city / planet / system needs an election.
If the office is vacant or if current office has 1000 rounds since elected, we have an election.
The office can get vacant when the corporation is destroyed or liquidated or elected in another city etc.
0 link
Doctor Dread
Doctor Dread
Administrator

5/9/2017
Doctor Dread
Doctor Dread
Administrator
badmaw wrote:
I think I get it.

So every 100 rounds the game checks if the city / planet / system needs an election.
If the office is vacant or if current office has 1000 rounds since elected, we have an election.
The office can get vacant when the corporation is destroyed or liquidated or elected in another city etc.

That is correct
0 link