HomeFeature Requests

Use this forum to ask for new features or suggest changes to the game.

Contracts Messages in this topic - RSS

badmaw
badmaw

5/9/2017
badmaw
badmaw
I make a contract to sell a Cellphone. From me to whoever wants it. The phone is in Cairo, the delivery is in Cairo. Somebody accepts it. All good until now.

The problem is the phone doesn't leave. The client wants it, the phone is there, and yet the contract does not complete.

I have to break the flow for one of my transports, make orders to come to Cairo to pick up the phone, deliver it, remove the new orders, rejoin the previous route.

Please redo the contracts to be easier to use. We want to just sell the phone and it's taking too much effort. Thanks.
0 link
Vulpex
Vulpex

5/9/2017
Vulpex
Vulpex
This reminds me - along with the how to grow and city and how to open a new planet guides, we could use with a contract guides - contracts do work but they are not always intuitive. (I've used virtually all of them at this point).
0 link
FuriousGeorge
FuriousGeorge

5/9/2017
FuriousGeorge
FuriousGeorge
Maybe distribution centers could be used to facilitate those types of transactions so we won't have to use transports to do it? If the contract buyer's HQ is also in the city OR has a distribution center. but limit it to one contract per turn per distribution center?
0 link
badmaw
badmaw

5/9/2017
badmaw
badmaw
Vulpex: so are you saying I can do that already?
0 link
Vulpex
Vulpex

5/9/2017
Vulpex
Vulpex
Yes you can do it. But you need to deliver the phone to Cairo. Here is the thing iirc it doesn't simply transfer the phones from one corp to another - you have to go with a transport to Cairo to pick them up. They don't "just" change hands. I forget if it was the seller or the buyer but iirc without the materials being actually picked up the contract does not complete.
0 link
badmaw
badmaw

5/9/2017
badmaw
badmaw
Vulpex, my man, did you actually read my post?

Disclaimer: I don't want you to feel pressured to read my post or responding to it, but if you feel like helping please try to understand the problem first. Don't be like others.
0 link
badmaw
badmaw

5/9/2017
badmaw
badmaw
"Maybe distribution centers could be used to facilitate those types of transactions so we won't have to use transports to do it? If the contract buyer's HQ is also in the city OR has a distribution center. but limit it to one contract per turn per distribution center?"

Why would we need a distribution center to change the owner of a cellphone?

The problem is simple: I have a phone, I want to sell it. The buyer wants to buy it. We make a contract, we both accept it. All that is left to be done is the cellphone to change the owner. That is all.
0 link
Doctor Dread
Doctor Dread
Administrator

5/9/2017
Doctor Dread
Doctor Dread
Administrator
There's two ways to move product on contract. One is by the stack itself, you pick from a list of your existing piles of product it just changes ownership once you accept the contract. The other is where you pick a product type and a delivery schedule like 500 every 10 turns at an amount that can be hard set or based on a cities demand. The second way is more for continuous delivery to supply a factory. That second way has t be set through your Transfer Order where you can "Use Contract". The changing of hands happens as the product is dumped at location, the contract is keeping track of whether you are doing your deliveries in the correct amount and on time.
0 link
badmaw
badmaw

5/9/2017
badmaw
badmaw
For whom it may concern, the above post is an unmodified quote, a perfectly respectfully asked question about the absurdity of the said quote, then the summary of the problem for who doesn't feel like reading the detailed description of the problem in the original post. Nobody was supposed to be hurt in the process of reading it. However, nobody is perfect, so if you get hurt in the process of reading it, please quit reading and get help.
0 link
badmaw
badmaw

5/9/2017
badmaw
badmaw
Yes Doctor Dread, I am aware of the situation, I explained it in my original post.

I'll explain it for you again, I don't mind: when you process the turn you read the contract, right? If the product, the object of the contract, is available at the location of delivery please just change the owner. I don't need to hire a limo to deliver the product, the product is right there where it supposed to be, you just need to change the owner.
0 link
Vulpex
Vulpex

5/9/2017
Vulpex
Vulpex
badmaw wrote:
Vulpex, my man, did you actually read my post?

Disclaimer: I don't want you to feel pressured to read my post or responding to it, but if you feel like helping please try to understand the problem first. Don't be like others.

Maybe I got confused.

I had the impression that you had to pickup the contract which you yourself made. But it really should be the buyer who does the pickup of the contract that's probably what threw me off.

I understand that you would like the goods to just change hands without anyone needing to pick them up and that makes sense too especially when it's a direct sale of a pile of stuff. (If the buyer wants to move it afterwards they can do it anyhow).
0 link
Doctor Dread
Doctor Dread
Administrator

5/9/2017
Doctor Dread
Doctor Dread
Administrator
badmaw wrote:
Yes Doctor Dread, I am aware of the situation, I explained it in my original post.

I'll explain it for you again, I don't mind: when you process the turn you read the contract, right? If the product, the object of the contract, is available at the location of delivery please just change the owner. I don't need to hire a limo to deliver the product, the product is right there where it supposed to be, you just need to change the owner.

I see what you're saying but its not so straightforward to code it even if it looks a lot like what exists already. I have to have a unit using a transfer order to coordinate with the contract itself right now if its an ongoing contract. To have you simply click a button somewhere (maybe on the product stack itself, with a list of contracts to choose from) to make the delivery happen because its on the location already will take some work. Add it to the big list of small things =)
0 link
badmaw
badmaw

5/9/2017
badmaw
badmaw
Sure, whenever it comes its turn.

With the risk of upsetting the helping police, I don't know why you linked the contract to the unit. A contract needs two parties (the seller and the buyer), a list of items and a location. How the items get to the location is not the contract's business.All you need to process a contract is to check if the seller has the items. No transport involved.

No, I don't know it all just because I put together a few words. That's how we learn: we say each other things. I know a few things (what you think is all) because I listened. <= This is not for you, doc.
0 link