HomePolitics and Events

Forum to discuss corporate politics and in-game events

Earth Alliance Messages in this topic - RSS

badmaw
badmaw

5/9/2017
badmaw
badmaw
We have our corporations and we can group them in guilds for the good and known reasons.

But the Raiders or the Machines or a rogue player or whatever can attack an innocent. I'm not saying than anybody is innocent, not even that there are innocents, but it can be that somebody takes care of his business and gets attacked.

There can be an opinion that "it's not my business and good it didn't happened to me", or he deserve it. But I have another opinion, we are trying to evolve and we can use the language instead of guns to fix our problems. And maybe our problems are not so important to end people lives over it.

And if life has value is a concept too advanced for Nevada, we can try math (I know, an even long shot but what the hell).

We have a perpetrator named A with 7k power. We have innocent tax paying citizens named B1, B2 ... B20 with 5k power each.
A attacks B1, he wins (7k > 5k).
A attacks B2, he wins (7k > 5k).
A attacks B20, he wins (7k > 5k).

You see? A slightly better equipped A with 7k power can take 20 Bs with 5k power one by one.
But what if the bees act like one? Well, their power combined is let me get that for you 20 x 5k = 100k. 7k against 100k. 100k is greater than 7k. So now it doesn't matter that the troublemaker has nothing to do, the bees are living the life they want and deserve and the perpetrator behave or vanish, the way it should be.

So, until the game give us support for alliances between guilds and companies, is anybody interested in an alliance where if one of us gets attacked then all of us jump in to protect it?

I'm not interested in making a bullying force, I'm interested in lowering the violence on Earth and promoting the exotic (for some of us) way of first ask, then maybe is not such a big deal to require to shoot and find another way.

I know some of you want to fight but you can fight between you on Mars, not terrorize peaceful people on Earth.

What are your thoughts?
0 link
Vulpex
Vulpex

5/9/2017
Vulpex
Vulpex
badmaw wrote:

We have a perpetrator named A with 7k power. We have innocent tax paying citizens named B1, B2 ... B20 with 5k power each.
A attacks B1, he wins (7k > 5k).
A attacks B2, he wins (7k > 5k).
A attacks B20, he wins (7k > 5k).

What are your thoughts?

It doesn't work that way. I think you need more experience with combat to understand how nuanced it really is but here are some things to bear into account.

Though relatively low powered - defenses (missiles, railguns and ion guns) are brutal - you need to overpower them significantly as an attacker or they will destroy you. I have barely managed to overcome situations where I had a nominal 3:1 power advantage because of that.

Secondly - attacking somewhere where a player has a lot of industry also handicaps the attacker - in practice what happens is that some of your firepower is being absorbed by the industrial buildings not the enemy units. As such you again need more power to overcome the defenses. Depending on the relative strength of the defenses and the size of the industry this can be more or less of an issue (just think of industrial buildings as some kind of fortification, in practice they work in the same way in combat).

Finally - yeah the terran federation does make a difference at times because it's unpredictable. If you are pounding a position with bombers and suddenly a lvl 8 terran varitek shows up (which happens) you are in for a very very nasty surprise.

However all of these details of combat nonwithstanding - yeah sure. It is always best to defend together. I just wish I could set defensive buildings (i.e. ion guns, shields etc) to defend either my guild or an entire location but they refuse to defend anyone but me!

This gives me some ideas... thanks for sharing your thoughts I need to think more on this whole thing.
+1 link