HomeFeature Requests

Use this forum to ask for new features or suggest changes to the game.

Dist. Center mass deletion and Order Phasing Messages in this topic - RSS

FuriousGeorge
FuriousGeorge

5/11/2017
FuriousGeorge
FuriousGeorge
Hello Dread!

I hope you are well as we quickly approach the Dreaded Day (har). I did a search on the forum for these before posting in case I missed it, and try as I might I couldn't find anything so if it's been addressed or answered already just point me.

1. Would it be possible to add checkboxes next to the Distribution Center Buy/Sell contracts so you could delete multiple at a time instead of clicking them one by one, or is there a feature I'm missing?

2. Would it be possible to add a new Order for units, that would "Phase" older orders out. So lets say I add a set of orders loading it in, and then append those with another set of orders (Love that feature btw!!). The Phase order would remove a single or range of orders from the list, and itself so that the list isn't filled with 20+ orders, with only the last 5 looping. So you could put it just before a loop order, it would run, remove specified order(s) and then continue to the loop.

(EDIT)
3. Has Production Cycles for structures already been discussed? I seem to remember something on it but I wanted to ask about being able to cycle from one product to another on alternating turns. The same as a loop order would work for individual units. If this is purposefully set to one and done so that it doesn't become too automated I totally get it. Have to keep people busy and managing their empire!

Thanks again, loving the game!
edited by FuriousGeorge on 5/11/2017
0 link
Doctor Dread
Doctor Dread
Administrator

5/11/2017
Doctor Dread
Doctor Dread
Administrator
FuriousGeorge wrote:
Hello Dread!

I hope you are well as we quickly approach the Dreaded Day (har). I did a search on the forum for these before posting in case I missed it, and try as I might I couldn't find anything so if it's been addressed or answered already just point me.

1. Would it be possible to add checkboxes next to the Distribution Center Buy/Sell contracts so you could delete multiple at a time instead of clicking them one by one, or is there a feature I'm missing?

2. Would it be possible to add a new Order for units, that would "Phase" older orders out. So lets say I add a set of orders loading it in, and then append those with another set of orders (Love that feature btw!!). The Phase order would remove a single or range of orders from the list, and itself so that the list isn't filled with 20+ orders, with only the last 5 looping. So you could put it just before a loop order, it would run, remove specified order(s) and then continue to the loop.

(EDIT)
3. Has Production Cycles for structures already been discussed? I seem to remember something on it but I wanted to ask about being able to cycle from one product to another on alternating turns. The same as a loop order would work for individual units. If this is purposefully set to one and done so that it doesn't become too automated I totally get it. Have to keep people busy and managing their empire!

Thanks again, loving the game!
edited by FuriousGeorge on 5/11/2017

Auto cycling different products is the first I've heard of it. Seems a little tricky but doable. a list of product types and turns to cycle. But its tricky to sell that with your transports unless you can make them automatically change their product type also or if they are simply transferring ANY product and selling EVERYTHING at their destination.

The phase order, A checkbox that make the order delete itself after completion "Delete on complete" would be perfect. You can set the first few orders before your Loop to delete themselves once they ran once.

Delete all 10 dist center BuySells? Sure, a Clear all button? the checkboxes thing is a pain, there's only 10 of them man =)
+1 link
FuriousGeorge
FuriousGeorge

5/11/2017
FuriousGeorge
FuriousGeorge
Hey Dread,

• Clear all button, love it. That works too! I have % Cut-offs that I use for buying and was trying to make it easier to stop a few once I see them reach that demand. I know it's only 10 v.v, but if I have 10 Distro centers then it gets hairy >.> Hahaha.

• Phase sounds fantastic. Huzzah!

• For the cycles I more meant Turn 1, Produce: Poultry, Turn 2, Produce: Beef Turn 3, Loop. or something along those lines. It's more for having steady production of things I know I need, and then having the transports be able to come pick up a full load of something on extended journeys. And I think the pick up part is handled in the individual unit turn orders. If I set it to pick up 5 products (max) and only 1 of 5 exists, won't it cycle through them all until it hits the available product and then continue with the next order in sequence?

Thanks for the feedback!
0 link
Vulpex
Vulpex

5/11/2017
Vulpex
Vulpex
Hmm.... George you do realize that there is (supposedly) an 8 turn lag period every time you change production? So it would be - Turn 1 Poultry. Turns 2-9 wait. Turn 10 Beef, turns 11-18 wait...

Or are we getting completely rid of this? (iirc it was not implemented during beta to help test the economy)
0 link
FuriousGeorge
FuriousGeorge

5/12/2017
FuriousGeorge
FuriousGeorge
Ahh, thanks Vulpex I was not aware of that actually. I read through the guide but must have missed or forgotten. In that case it would definitely be a longer planned rotation (15-30 turns then swap) but I appreciate letting me know!
0 link
Vulpex
Vulpex

5/12/2017
Vulpex
Vulpex
I'm not sure it will be implemented - right now when you change production it does tell you it takes 8 turns to do the switch - then changes production the next turn.
0 link